Postdoctoral Research Associate
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
S&E-School Of Engineering & Computing Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
Perform research on externally funded CTC cell
- The position is in conducting ONR (Office of Naval Research)
funded research to develop a novel wall mounted MEMS stress sensor
array and apply them to perform simultaneous measurements of
pressure/shear distribution measurements and near wall fluid flow
in an adverse pressure gradient turbulent boundary layer. Primary
objective is to develop a new distributed micro-sensor technology
that is capable of measuring pressure and shear stress
distributions at high response frequency in turbulent flow. The
research will focus on experimentally studies hydrodynamic
interactions of soft sensor materials and turbulent flows, as well
as developing the optical nano-strain measurement techniques (e.g.,
digital holographic interferometry, digital holographic microscopy)
that enable nanoscale (e.g. <10nm) sensor deformation
Advising & Collaborating
- Development and integration of instrumentations and
technologies that allow nano-scale sensor deformation (e.g.,
<10nm) measurement using digital holographic interferometry and
3D near wall flow using digital hologram microscopy + Tomographic
- Perform validation experiments to explore the sensor
technology's sensitivity and measurement range using both static
and dynamic testing setup.
- Through the collaboration, establish the FE model that would
relate sensor deformation to hydrodynamic stress loading (e.g.,
pressure & shear).
- Apply the technique to perform pressure/shear measurement in
Turbulent Boundary Layer with adverse pressure gradient.
- Collaborating with researchers in the group on the
- Assisting in the advising of UG and Grad researchers on the
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with experimental studies of fluid flow in high Re
- Skills and familiarity with one or several flow measurement
techniques such as PIV, Tomographic PIV, and other optical flow
- Experiences in MATLAB, GPU-/HPC-computing environment to
process a large amount of data.
- Ability to be trained on the missing fundamentals necessary to
conduct research responsibility. Support from in-house experts will
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Postdoctoral-Research-Associate_R-048037-1