Job Summary/Basic Function
At Maryville University, we power dreams-not just degrees. Our
vision is to be the innovative leader in higher education promoting
a revolution in student learning that expands access and
opportunities for all.
The candidate must be committed to fostering a positive, culturally
diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for managing the
recruitment process: posting, sourcing, screening candidates and
search committee training and guidance. The role will also play a
critical role in HR strategic initiatives and teams, including;
onboarding, engagement, professional development, talent
development, performance management, and equity, inclusion &
• Leverage technologies to source, screen and create diverse talent
pipelines and identify new and best in class recruitment
• Coordinate with hiring managers to write position announcements,
create talent strategies and timeline including where to post the
openings: websites/publications/agencies. Partner with hiring
managers to ensure posting optimization. Post faculty and staff
position announcements on appropriate sites. University’s web page
as requested. Utilize current employees to create a network for
attracting and recruiting talent to the university.
• Use traditional and nontraditional resources to identify and
attract quality, candidates including expanding opportunities to
reach diverse candidates. Develops advertising programs (internal
and external) to ensure high visibility with potential
• Leverage technologies to source, screen and create talent
• Train and guide search committees working with hiring managers to
ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and
• Create diversity and inclusion talent networks, pipelines and
opportunities to actively engage and increase applicant
• Create reports, manage data and metrics at regular intervals and
• Request background screenings at the proper stage. Request drug
screenings as necessary. Review information and refer discrepancies
to Director when necessary.
• Engage in broader HR functions, trainings, orientations and
• Manage end to end onboarding process for all hires, including
offer generation, background check initiation, I-9 processing and
new hire paperwork completion.
• Lead and/or participate in HR strategic initiatives and teams,
including; onboarding, engagement, professional development, talent
management, performance management, and equity, inclusion &
• Provide coaching and counseling on employee relations
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related
• Knowledge of applicant tracking systems.
• Knowledge of technology including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Working knowledge of state and federal labor laws and
• Working knowledge of key principles and practices of Human
• Exemplary customer service skills.
• Stakeholder management.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data.
• Active listening skills.
• Highly motivated, focused and results-oriented.
• Two years of recruiting or human resource experience.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with employees, other agencies and the public.
• Ability to learn new programs and applications
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of
a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment
authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity
and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability,
gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin,
race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or
any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of
the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring,
training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and
Advertised: June 01, 2022