Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college
located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines
academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong
institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and
nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment
practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the
goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the
nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College
is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and
world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with
gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in
the Crum Woods. Swarthmore College was recently ranked number 3 in
the 2021 US News Best National Liberal Arts Colleges rankings -
Who We Are:
We are the Classroom and Conferencing Technologies group which is a
part of Information Technology Services. We design, maintain, and
support classroom and online teaching technologies for the College
Community. We administer Campus conferencing technology through the
use of Zoom. We support academic and staff-related equipment needs.
The team is recognized across campus as a high achieving service
Reporting to the Classroom and Conferencing Technologies Director
in ITS, classroom and conferencing technologists work in a highly
collaborative environment to ensure that faculty, staff, and
students have access to technologically superb learning,
conferencing and seminar spaces, digital media production
resources, and presentation support. They also administer web
conferencing and lecture capture platforms and all associated
equipment. The technologists’ work is often fast-paced and supports
mission critical curricular and business functions at every level
of the organization. Supervises work of student employees and
contractors. Periodically manages cross-functional project teams of
Who you are:
- Perform detailed and expert diagnostics, maintenance, and
repair of integrated A/V control systems, digital video projection
systems, digital video processors and switchers, AV over IP
solutions, and classroom computers.
- Partner with other IT groups to ensure classrooms are running
as efficiently as possible.
- Provide highly responsive support to resolve classroom and
meeting technology issues.
- Investigate emerging trends and best practices for classroom
and meeting technologies, such as video web conferencing, lecture
capture, flipped instruction, wireless and mobile technologies,
presentation software, AV over IP, and multimedia software.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, and implementation of
technologies for College learning spaces to meet current and
anticipated pedagogical needs
- Utilizing campus network architecture, configure and monitor AV
over IP based systems via Cisco managed Network switches, Crestron
Digital Media and Crestron NVX..
- Remotely manage learning spaces, seminar rooms and conference
rooms via Crestron Toolbox and web interfaces to troubleshoot
rooms, perform firmware updates upon release, and monitor usage and
- Collaborate in the planning, design, and implementation of
technologies for meeting spaces to support College business.
- Act as strategic partners with the Facilities Capital Planning
and Project Management team on the design and installation of new
A/V systems in new construction and repurposed College
- Through training, instructional media, documentation, help all
College community members to make better use of classroom and
- Serve as System Administrator for both Zoom and Panopto,
utilizing Dashboard and Admin Level control to monitor and
troubleshoot meetings, manage accounts, create and manage
- Conduct Trainings with faculty, staff and students for
webinars, meetings and events.
- Provide and participate in practice sessions and rehearsals to
ensure successful meetings.
- Setup equipment and provide onsite assistance as needed.
- Oversees Mobile Device Management (MDM) of campus iPadOS
- Provisions iPadOS apps through Apple School Manager.
- Consult on the selection and purchase of professional-grade
digital media equipment used on campus: digital cameras, digital
audio recorders, video production equipment, presentation
equipment, laptops, mobile devices, and PA systems.
- Using the Library's Circulation System, checks out equipment to
patrons, manages the database by creating, updating and deleting
records, and run reports.
- Suggests effective use of digital media hardware and software
resources by providing solutions to diverse and complex technical
- Provides instructional workshops and one-to-one instruction for
campus clients using video, audio, and digital media production
What you bring:
- Hands-on expertise with instructional media and classroom
- Up-to-date knowledge of classroom presentation system design
- Work habits that demonstrate initiative taking and attention to
- Experience managing devices running MacOS, Windows, iOS
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Conversant level of knowledge with different aspects of
Information Technology, particularly networking.
What You Will Get:
- Demonstrated experience providing direct client support and/or
- Bachelor’s degree and three years relevant work experience is
- The Classroom & Conferencing Technology team benefits from
versatility, so we seek candidates with prior experience in
multiple contexts such as: digital media production and editing,
face-to-face, flipped, and hybrid learning practices; live video
streaming; web, desktop, and mobile device/application deployment
strategies; and live event support or similar.
- Experience managing remote classroom projection systems (esp.
via Crestron Fusion RV.) Experience diagnosing and repairing
classroom presentation and lecture capture systems (esp. with
Crestron’s Toolbox software, Panopto).
You’ll work at one of the world's most renowned liberal arts
Colleges, with incredible benefits, a stunning 420-acre campus, and
a hybrid work environment. And you’ll join a team of passionate,
creative, and supportive people who work hard and have fun
supporting the technological needs of the College. If you are
excited about this role, we want to hear from you!
For full consideration, submit applications including resume and
cover letter with salary expectations by June 22, 2022.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from
candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with
demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.
Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and
minorities are encouraged to apply.
Jun 01 2022 Eastern Daylight Time