The KU School
of Business is seeking a Student Recruiter to join the team in the
MBA/MS department. This position reports to the Assistant
Director of MBA & MS Programs and is responsible for new
student recruitment to the MBA and MS programs in the School of
Business. The MBA/MS Recruiter will work with prospective
students and the MBA/MS team to ensure the recruitment and
marketing strategy support new student matriculation. Some travel,
evening or weekends may be required.
The KU School of Business currently offers multiple nationally
ranked graduate programs in an array of disciplines and formats
including online, Lawrence and satellite campuses. The recruiter’s
office is located in beautiful Capitol Federal Hall, a 166,500
square foot modern facility, on the Lawrence campus, that the
School of Business has called home since 2016.
This is a full-time, twelve-month, benefits-eligible, regular staff
appointment. This position will begin as on-campus until
training is completed, then become a hybrid position based on the
recruiting calendar. Alternative and flexible work schedules will
be evaluated as per KU policy and School guidelines.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and
provide equal educational and employment opportunities, the
university actively encourages applications from members of
underrepresented groups in higher education.
Recruitment: Oversee, manage and actively
participate in events focused on recruiting students to the KU
School of Business MBA and MS programs. Duties include but
are not limited to:
- Provide counseling, and educational services to assist
prospective student with admission and academic program
- Communicate daily with prospective students as the first point
of contact with the MBA and MS programs offered at the University
- Plan and present to individual prospective students, program
partners, and businesses.
- Develop and lead admission workshops, receptions, and special
- Participate in on-campus recruitment events by representing the
MBA and MS programs.
- Invite and host individual prospective student visits
30% Recruitment Strategy
Implementation: Responsible for collaborating
with MBA/MS Recruitment/Admissions team to develop and implement a
recruitment and marketing plan for the MBA and MS program:
- Develop and implement a recruitment strategy to meet admission
goals by reviewing and analyzing data to recruit prospective
- Ensure marketing plan is supported through recruitment
- Develop materials and resources to recruit prospective
- Work closely with Admission Coordinator to ensure marketing
materials support recruitment strategy.
- Provide consultation to the Assistant Director on overall
recruitment tactics, including programming, recruitment strategies,
publications and presentations.
- Utilize the Education Management Program (EMP) to support
recruitment strategy and goals.
- Plan, develop, execute, and analyze off-campus recruitment
programs and events for prospective business students.
20% Program Administration and Miscellaneous
duties: Provides expertise to enhance,
implement, and develop successful recruitment and outreach efforts
for the MBA and MS programs. Serves School mission as active
staff member. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage recruitment budget.
- Manage and train MBA student admission assistants.
- Engage with Graduate Management Education programming to
understand the competitive environment of MBA and MS program
- Evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment programs, determine
need for additional efforts, and provide recruitment reports to the
Assistant Director of MBA/MS programs.
- Participate as an active team member of the BSchool staff
including attending staff meetings and serving on School or
University committees, as directed.
- Complete other recruitment program related duties as
- Ability and willingness to work evening and weekend events as
- Bachelor's degree and one year of relevant experience.
- Experience working as part of a team as evidenced by work
history and letter of application.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills,
interpersonal and written communication skills based on application
materials and interview process.
- Valid driver's license at the time of appointment.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience working in a college or university setting.
- Familiarity with higher education recruitment and
- Familiarity with graduate management education industry.
Contact Information to Applicants
Jinae Krieshok, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application requires: 1) on-line application; 2) current
resume; 3) a cover letter; 4) complete contact information for
three professional references.
Application review begins June 13 and will continue until a
pool of qualified applicants is received. To ensure priority
consideration, apply before the review date.
Advertised Salary Range
$42,000, increasing with years of experience
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of
race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age,
ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation,
marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender
expression, and genetic information in the university's programs
and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university
policy. The following persons have been designated to handle
inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the
Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Director of
the Office of Civil Rights & Title IX, email@example.com, Room
1082, Dole Human Development Center, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue,
Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence,
Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal
Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway,
Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina,
and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).