Employer: University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Alumni Engagement and Alumni Association
Associate Vice President for Alumni Engagement and Chief
Executive Officer for University of Louisiana at Lafayette Alumni
Association (Referred to as AVP/CEO in the description
Purpose and Scope
The AVP/CEO is the ranking administrator responsible for the
long-range, strategic vision of the Office of Alumni Engagement and
Alumni Association, including the overall administration of the
department with a focus on relationship building, Loyalty Fund
fundraising, and fulfillment of the Association’s mission.
AVP/CEO shall serve as the liaison between the University
Administration and Alumni Association. Oversees university
engagement events , programs, and special events.
Duties and Responsibilities
The AVP/CEO is responsible for the long-range, strategic vision,
as well as implementation of goals, objectives, and policies.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead the day-to-day operations of alumni engagement activities
and the Alumni Association.
- Establish organizational and departmental short and long-range
goals complete with metrics and benchmarking.
- Maintain a permanent record of proceedings of the Board of
- Supervise and manage the upkeep and maintenance of the Alumni
Alumni Engagement, Relationship Building and Relevance:
- Establish quarterly communication channels with alumni clubs
and chapters to communicate Association and University mission,
initiatives and to seek alumni feedback on relevance and the needs
- Set a rotation of travel and visitations to ensure clubs and
chapters have access to AVP/CEO.
- Cultivate and engage past board members with calls or
- Establish liaison relationships with university leadership,
other university advancement personnel, and other university
affiliated organizations, and Alumni board members with the goal of
consistently engaging and informing each about the Association’s
mission, goals, and initiatives.
- Establish and encourage professional staff to seek local
community engagement opportunities with the goal of service,
building the brand of the Association and informing the community
about the Association's mission, goals, and initiatives.
- Responsible for implementation of the Alumni Association’s
scholarship and recognition award programs.
- Lead efforts to maintain innovative technology solutions for
donor/ member development, acquisition, appreciation, and
Finance and Fund Development
- Lead the budget planning process and oversee monthly
departmental review of revenue and expenses.
- Develop budget based on fundraising, Association operational
requirements, and Alumni Council goals.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute annual and multi-year funding
initiatives with a goal of continuously increasing funding and
ensuring the financial integrity of the Association.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute all Loyalty Fund initiatives to
increase funding for the Association, in partnership with the
Office of Development and Annual Giving.
Marketing, Communication and Branding
- Create, maintain, and implement a multi-year plan of action for
marketing, communications, and branding initiatives in partnership
with Advancement Communications, for:
- Alumni engagement and education
- Alumni club and chapter expansion
- Donor/member acquisition, appreciation, renewal, and
- Alumni facility rentals growth
- Unrelated business income growth through sponsorships and
- Cajun Compass professional networking and mentorship
- Alumni Association social media utilization
Board Development and Engagement:
- Create avenues of communication and opportunities to build
relationships among board members, staff, and AVP/CEO.
- Work closely with the Vice President for University Advancement
and CEO for University Foundation and Alumni Association Executive
Board of Directors to report about meetings, events, activities,
and opportunities for growth.
- Maintain a list of potential board members to include
biographical information, donor and volunteer activities with the
goal of diversifying the board to better represent the population
of alumni and to ensure recruitment of professional expertise.
- Review and provide expertise, guidance, and leadership as an
ex-officio member of the committees of the Board of Directors.
- Strategize, coordinate, and supervise engagement and activities
of the Alumni Council in collaboration with the Alumni Executive
Board to cultivate, recruit, train, and direct volunteers,
volunteer leadership, and various committees to guide toward
- Supervise, set goals and objectives, and conduct performance
reviews for all staff.
- Coach and take corrective action as required to improve
performance of staff.
- Develop and implement professional development plan for all
- Develop succession plan.
- Lead a team including Associate Director, Assistant Directors,
Senior Director of Alumni Facilities & Special Events, student
staff and interns.
- Provide staff support to all Alumni Association standing
committees such as: Awards, Facilities, Global Engagement,
Communications, Faculty Alumni, Nominating, and Scholarship,
Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for University
Advancement and CEO for the University Foundation, University
President, or Alumni Board of Directors in accordance with
University policies and procedures, and in support of the mission
and goals of the Association and University.
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
AVP/CEO must have a strong interest in the University of
Louisiana at Lafayette with three to five years prior experience in
the Higher Education Alumni Engagement/Alumni Relations profession.
Consideration will also be given to candidates possessing
experience in university advancement, annual giving, marketing
and/or communication, non-profit, or a comparable role.
Managerial/supervisory experience preferred.
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited
Required skills include strong written, oral, and interpersonal
communication, computer, and data analytical skills. Must be
energetic, self-motivated, and goal-oriented.
Position requires frequent travel and attendance at evening and
Apply using the following link: