Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU), formerly The Open
University of Hong Kong, is a modern, vibrant and dynamic
university. We use innovative teaching and education technology to
offer world-class education. The University also pursues strategic
research in response to the needs of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao
Greater Bay Area (GBA), the rest of the country, and the world.
To spearhead the development of higher education in the GBA,
HKMU has been working closely with the Zhaoqing Municipal
Government and Zhaoqing University to establish Hong Kong
Metropolitan University (Zhaoqing) (MUZQ), pending the approval of
the Ministry of Education.
For more information about the University, please visit https://www.hkmu.edu.hk.
The Department of Creative Arts at the School of Arts
and Social Sciences is now inviting applications for
the position of Senior Lecturer(s) /
Lecturer(s). Applications from qualified
scholars in the following specialty areas of Creative Arts
- Film production, TV and video production, Post-production or
Cinematography and Photographic design;
- Photography, Computational art and graphics, Installation art,
Interactive/Immersive digital art, Art direction or Fine art;
- Animation, Motion Design, Visual Effects, Virtual Production,
Mixed Reality or Interactive User Experience Design.
For details of the curriculum, please access the programme
Senior Lecturer(s) / Lecturer(s) (Creative Arts) (Ref.:
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee will be responsible mainly for the following:
- Planning, development, coordination and delivery of courses
(including classroom and/or studio teaching) in relevant programmes
at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Undertaking/engaging in academic research and/or creative
- Undertaking/engaging in scholarly and professional
- Participating in School/University activities and
- Performing any other duties as assigned.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications,
experience and competence:
- A higher degree in a relevant discipline with relevant
teaching/professional experience (preferably including programme
and course administration);
- Record of research and peer-reviewed publications, involvement
in professional and community services & activities; and
- Teaching experience with an interdisciplinary approach will be
- A good command of English and Chinese (both Cantonese and
Putonghua) ; and
- Forward thinking in terms of programme development, familiar
with the industrial practices, and knowledgeable about local and
international educational standards in the professions.
The level of appointment depends on the candidate’s academic
background, experience and competence in academic leadership,
teaching, research, scholarly publications, etc.
Terms and Conditions for Appointment
An attractive remuneration package, including basic salary, an
end-of-contract gratuity, and a discretionary incentive payment,
where applicable, will be offered to the right candidates. Generous
annual leave, staff-development sponsorships, medical and dental
benefits, and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Candidates who are interested in joining us may submit their
applications via the University’s eRecruitment System.
Closing date of
application: 15 June
The personal data collected will be used for the purpose of
considering your application for employment. For details,
please refer to the “Personal Data (Privacy) Notice for Job
Applicant” on the University’s website. If you are not contacted by
the University within eight weeks from the closing date of
application, you may assume that your application was