Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU), formerly The Open
University of Hong Kong, is a modern, vibrant and dynamic
university. We use innovative teaching and education technology to
offer world-class education. The University also pursues strategic
research in response to the needs of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao
Greater Bay Area (GBA), the rest of the country, and the world.
To spearhead the development of higher education in the GBA,
HKMU has been working closely with the Zhaoqing Municipal
Government and Zhaoqing University to establish Hong Kong
Metropolitan University (Zhaoqing) (MUZQ), pending the approval of
the Ministry of Education.
For more information about the University, please visit https://www.hkmu.edu.hk.
The Department of Social Sciences in School of Arts and
Social Sciences is now inviting suitable candidate(s) to
join us for the following post(s). The Department of Social
Sciences is committed to foster theoretical and practical
knowledge, global awareness and critical thinking of students. It
offers a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes,
covering the fields of psychology, economics, politics and public
administration, and applied social studies.
Assistant Professor / Senior Lecturer / Lecturer
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee will be responsible mainly for the following:
- Planning, development, coordination and delivery (including
classroom teaching) of courses, and where necessary, programme
administration in Politics and Public Administration at both
undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Engaging in academic research and publication, and research
- Participating in scholarly activities, School/University
activities and administration; and
- Performing any other duties as assigned.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications,
experience and competence:
- An earned doctorate or a PhD very near completion in government
studies or public policy and public administration, with expertise
in areas of a relevant discipline and professional qualification in
- Substantial relevant teaching/professional experience;
- Outstanding academic background and achievements;
- Demonstrated academic leadership and contributions in higher
- High level of competence in teaching and postgraduate student
- Substantial contribution through effective innovation in
delivery of education, curriculum development, course design and
- Solid record of research and peer-reviewed scholarly
publications in prestigious outlets;
- Good accomplishments in obtaining external competitive research
- Substantial achievements in knowledge transfer; and
- Considerable contribution to the University, profession and
The level of appointment depends on the candidate’s academic
background, experience and competence in academic leadership,
teaching, research, scholarly publications, etc.
Terms and Conditions for Appointment
An attractive remuneration package, including basic salary, a
composite cash/housing allowance, an end-of-contract gratuity, and
a discretionary incentive payment, where applicable, will be
offered to the right candidates. Generous annual leave,
staff-development sponsorships, medical and dental benefits, and
life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Candidates who are interested in joining us may submit their
applications via the University’s eRecruitment System.
Closing date of application: 15 June 2022
The personal data collected will be used for the purpose of
considering your application for employment. For details,
please refer to the “Personal Data (Privacy) Notice for Job
Applicant” on the University’s website. If you are not contacted by
the University within eight weeks from the closing date of
application, you may assume that your application was