Adjunct Instructor - Psychology (On-campus)
Job Summary/Basic Function
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in their fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University’s learning community and teach courses on-campus.
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications for an academically/professionally qualified adjunct faculty member to teach Psychology undergraduate courses. NOTE: All courses are taught face to face on Maryville’s campus in St. Louis, MO.
Specifically, we are seeking individuals for the following courses during the Spring 2021 semester:
General Psychology: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 5:00-5:50 pm
Child Psychology: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 5:00-5:50 pm
Abnormal Psychology: Wednesday and Friday from 3:30-4:45 pm
Child Abnormal Psychology: Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30-4:45 pm
Human Cognition: Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30-4:45 pm
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and assignments. Develop course syllabus.
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner (with 24-36 hrs.).
• Establish office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Psychology or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
• Doctorate with at least 15 graduate hours in Psychology from a regionally accredited institution.
• Teaching experience and relevant experience in the field.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
The Department is using this position announcement to build a qualified pool of instructors to fill teaching needs as they arise. This position is not designated for a specific course or semester.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: November 12, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Other Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Criminal Justice & Criminology Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur