Aviation Administrative Assistant
- Florida Memorial University
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jun 1, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Other Academic Affairs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Development & Advancement, Alumni Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic success. The Aviation Administrative Assistant will departments assists the Chairs in managing a complex schedule and demanding project load, including scheduling and planning domestic travel, individual and group meetings, events, and communication and stewardship efforts in furtherance of the department and University goals. This customer-centric role is responsible to deliver service excellence support to meet the needs of our University community. Demonstrates the professionalism needed to handle sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to liaise with high-level constituents including but not limited to campus administrative leadership, Trustees, and other volunteers.
- Understand and manage all operational aspects of the departments.
- Provide daily support for the Chairs - process incoming and outgoing mail; other administrative support duties as needed, including faxing, scanning, and copying.
- Assist in conducting evaluations of programs and staffing.
- Manage Chairs’ calendar – help track reminders and meet deadlines; prepare for meetings and calls, including communicating with internal staff and external contacts; coordinate daily workflow, print out all calendar schedules and materials; consult with Chairs as needed on appointments, priorities, and schedules.
- Responsible for all aspects of staff trips and meeting planning, including but not limited to preparing briefing materials, making air/ground arrangements, selecting and reserving accommodations, arranging meetings schedules with multiple participants, hospitality, host/hostess gifts; creating agendas, itineraries, and providing background information in preparation for meetings.
- Monitor and assist in maintaining trip/call reports on a timely basis and meeting follow-ups as necessary.
- Plan, coordinate and direct elements for staff meetings and retreats including meeting schedule, budget, site selection, meals & entertainment, meeting rooms, supplies and equipment, special events, etc.
- As assigned to liaise between students, staff and
- As assigned by the Chairs, liaise with appropriate constituents in preparing materials and schedules for participation on various internal committees, external boards, and institutional memberships.
- Initiate query process to create agendas, attend meetings when necessary; take, edit and disseminate minutes; summarize and follow up on actions as needed or as directed.
- Develop and ensure compliance of filing system and systematic record-keeping and ensure the safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Supervise and train student workers and delegate additional duties as required.
- Manage and adhere to all policies and procedures that are compatible with university policies and procedures.
- Manage internal and external Compose and edit as necessary, including but not limited to general correspondence, gift and other acknowledgments, proposals, gift agreements, and follow-up correspondence for various constituents.
- Audit and ensure updates to web pages.
- Assist with the composition of presentations, speeches, and talking points when necessary.
- Coordinate various presentation and meeting materials (e.g. PowerPoint presentations, handouts for conference presentations/panels, and informational packets and gifts for constituents meetings)
- Serve as Secretary to the Advisory Board minutes in perpetuity (for auditors, historical purposes, etc.)
- Initiate, coordinate and execute elements of meetings and agendas.
- Ensure confidentiality of records and materials.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or deemed appropriate to the accomplishments of the responsibilities and functions of the department.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified as essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- The position requires an Associate Degree with at least 3 years of administrative assistance experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must be able to work well with students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, and LinkedIn Learning, as well as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures. Familiarity with the Jenzabar technology suite for higher education is preferred.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert