Under general direction, performs a wide variety of administrative
tasks and confidential work associated with the Center for Student
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Welcomes students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders and
ensures all visitors are handled in a professional and courteous
manner; provides accurate and general information about services
offered by the department.
- Assist in maintaining alerts and general info in Upswing
- Coordinate job posting and event announcements in the Career
Service Portal (Handshake)
- Coordinate travel arrangements, create itineraries, and make
reservations for CSS staff.
- Maintain budget records, reconciling and verifying account
statements and receipts, producing financial reports and summaries,
and approving expenditures as requested.
- Perform or oversee other general office duties, such as
ordering supplies and maintaining student-advising records.
- Manage CSS calendar of events and individual advisor
calendars in Outlook
- High School diploma or GED and 3 years administrative
- Bachelor’s degree, equivalent or associate degree
- Experience in supporting senior-level executives required;
experience in higher education preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications: Word,
Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Adobe, data management systems, and
other software as needed.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and work
confidentially with discretion.
- Demonstrated ability with accuracy in the maintenance of
department records and processes.
- Strong customer service skills including demonstrated
interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and listening
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability
backgrounds of college students and employees.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with college departments and