Assistant Professor of Practice and Field Education Specialist,
School of Social Work
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Simmons University School of Social Work (SSW) is now accepting
applications for a full-time twelve-month faculty position
(non-tenure track) in Field Education as Assistant Professor of
Practice and Field Education Specialist. This position requires the
candidate to be located on the Simmons campus in Boston.
Responsibilities will be primarily in the onground MSW program.
This position will start on or around April 1, 2022.
Simmons University is a small, highly collegial and dynamic
university located in the heart of Boston's world-renowned Longwood
Medical Area. Simmons is comprised of an undergraduate liberal arts
education program for women and those who identify as women plus
professional graduate schools with masters and doctoral programs
for all genders, presenting unique and rich opportunities for
interdisciplinary research and collaboration. The SSW is part of
the College of Social Sciences, Policy, and Practice and offers
degrees at the Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctoral levels (BSW, MSW,
DSW, PhD). Our MSW Program is offered via robust on ground and
online platforms. Areas of current SSW faculty expertise include:
dynamics of diversity, family and intimate partner violence,
immigration, health and health policy, health disparities, aging,
behavioral health, substance abuse, suicidality, child
maltreatment, social policy and innovations in social work
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the onground
campus-based department structures, operations, procedures, and
- Advise 15-20 MSW candidates and serve as their field
- Place between 75-100 students (first and second year) in
appropriate learning settings.
- Gain a broad understanding of the online field operations
through active engagement with respective faculty and
- Assist field faculty in increasing the number of placements in
the Boston area.
- Maintain up-to-date records pertaining to agency sites, field
supervisors and student-agency matches.
- Participate in weekly field department meetings.
- Attend monthly onground campus liaison meetings.
- Contribute to MSW program committees and projects.
- Facilitate field supervisor orientation.
- Other projects as assigned.
Required Application Materials
- Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited CSWE program,
with a minimum of 4 years post MSW professional
- Highest level of licensure required (LICSW in Massachusetts or
the equivalent in other States)
- Knowledge of a broad range of social service agencies in the
Metro Boston area
- Experience as field instructor for MSW interns
- Classroom teaching experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, google docs and a
solid understanding for adapting technology in an educational
context; willingness to learn new tools and software.
- Proven experience working across systems; ability to mediate
when interests are competing
Please upload the following documents with your application:
Instructions to Applicants
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information for three references
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter,
writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application
Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application.
Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all
aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university
committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages
applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is
committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing
inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all
positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a
consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal
opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a
more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Assistant-Professor-of-Practice-and-Field-Education-Specialist--School-of-Social-Work_R08446
Located in Boston’s historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a
small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students
for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at
Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven
community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities
and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example -
sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students