Part-Time Student Success Center Technician
$16.65 per hour
Student Success Center
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide information and support to students and other patrons in
the Student Success and Advising Center.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not
- Assist students one-on-one with information and processes
related to student affairs.
- Assist prospective students with the Apply Texas
- Assist students with pre-testing activities as required by the
- Assist students with locating and completing initial financial
aid paperwork within the expectations of a generalist.
- Provide directions to resources on campus beyond those
available in the Student Success Center.
- Be available to assist with special events sponsored by the
College, including, but not limited to, registration, marketing,
and student activities.
- Answer general questions by telephone and through the online
- Maintain general organization and cleanliness of facilities
related to the Student Success Center.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position.
Scheduled hours are not to exceed 19.5 hours a week. This is a
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender,
disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Six (6) months or related work experience
- Must have a basic understanding of college offices and
resources, so students may be directed to appropriate services
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and website navigation
- Must be aware of and sensitive to cultural differences
- Must have excellent customer services skills
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- College certificate or degree
- At least one (1) year of experience working in a college
- Experience with PeopleSoft records system
- Bilingual: Ability to read, write, and speak English and
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following
documents: resume and cover letter
applicable, official transcripts showing completed college course
work is required upon employment.
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3)
professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of
the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7194
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
which encourages applications from qualified females, minority
groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee
College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of
all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability,
race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in
areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion,
demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms
of compensation or benefits.