Dakota State University is currently accepting applications for a
Senior Statistician in the Office of Institutional Research (IR).
The position will design, develop, and interpret institutional
reports. The position will also be responsible for coordinating and
submitting institutional surveys, standardized surveys and external
- Develop reports utilizing current and new data to evaluate
colleges’ and units’ strategic plans, early alert activities,
tutoring systems, and retention strategies.
- Design, update, implement, and promote the IR Dashboard (data
- Compile, analyze, and edit statistical data from a variety of
sources using SAS programs.
- Develop and test online surveys following best practices and
- Serve as a liaison between the Office of Institutional Research
and faculty and staff to determine survey needs.
- Coordinate collection of data for surveys.
- Ensure that accurate and timely information is provided to the
survey vendors (e.g. strict deadlines are in place for external
- Conduct on-going best practice research to evaluate
- Work with faculty and staff to interpret institutional research
reports and prepare summaries for campus committees.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated advanced spreadsheet, database software skills, as
well as word processing and internet research skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, math, business, computer
science, social science, or a related field.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research
- Experience with data visualization tools.
- Familiar with the higher education sector.
- Experience with predictive modeling techniques as it relates to
- In-depth knowledge of SAS, SQL, and Cognos.
DSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site.
To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu
The employment site allows the attachment of a cover letter, resume
and supporting references to include address and telephone numbers
of at least three references. DSU is located in
Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state.
The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style
possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is
just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible
benefits package including paid time off, health and retirement
benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits
include reduced tuition, longevity pay and training
opportunities. DSU also provides professional liability
coverage. DSU is committed to equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary
accommodations required in the application process.