Technician, Senior IT (Computer Lab Support) - Arch/Eng CAD Department
- Austin Community College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- May 30, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology, Technology Administration/Other
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Technician, Senior IT (Computer Lab Support) - Arch/Eng CAD Department
Job Description Summary:
Maintains, monitors, installs, and supports machining and woodworking equipment, tooling, supplies, and support equipment; provides professional-level support, and assists faculty, staff, and students in a machining or woodworking lab environment.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Provides technical support, training, and assistance to students, faculty, and staff in a machine lab environment; assists with maintaining inventory of tooling, equipment, and raw materials; assists with maintaining equipment utilized in the lab environment.
2) In a machine lab environment, performs troubleshooting to diagnose system problems; analyzes hardware and software functionality; identifies, locates, resolves and repairs problems within scope of authority; documents technical issues, procedures, and results.
3) Resolves configuration and connectivity issues, and other traffic, security, and access problems; checks network for operating efficiency, makes corrective adjustments to data management settings, and assures system integrity; sets up and repairs network hardware.
4) Maintains and updates workstations and servers, mobile devices, equipment, and peripherals; researches and tests new software; installs software upgrades and enhancements; uses imaging software to create and deploy desktop computers.
5) Creates and tests user accounts, and creates default user templates.
6) Enrolls students, faculty, and staff in tutorial applications and domain services as required; monitors utilization trends and backup procedures; manages user accounts, password files, and access rights.
7) Responds to the needs and inquiries of students, faculty, and staff; explains lab issues, deploys solutions, and follows up with users to assure the stability and functionality of the users' systems.
8) Monitors physical security of assigned lab assets; controls access to premises, observes user activities and facility utilization shifts, provides materials, training, and assistance as needed.
9) Reports technical problems which need to be addressed by improved policies or procedures.
10) Provides technical support to students and instructors to assist in the training of students, faculty, and staff on software applications usage. Facilitates one-on-one and group instruction.
11) Collects, compiles, analyzes, and presents reports for technical and administrative information; may include facility usage and resource utilization.
12) Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots printers. May use control and configuration software to perform advanced printing operations.
13) May use remote access tools to extend service to remote equipment.
145) Breaks down and sets up computers and related equipment in labs. May assist in the technology-related planning and building of new labs and remodeling of older labs.
16) May advise budget authorities on equipment recommendations and purchases.
* Administration and maintenance principles of network servers, relational databases, and web- and windows-based software applications.
* The structure and operating capabilities of one or more network operating systems.
* Network hardware, software, and peripheral equipment troubleshooting techniques.
* Network topologies and protocols, and technical Internet knowledgebase services.
* Maintaining an established work schedule.
* Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
* Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
* Accountable for inventory/property management.
* Responding professionally, effectively, and efficiently to customer service requests.
* Prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
* Using scripting language for computer and web administration.
* Operating and maintaining computer and peripheral equipment safely and competently.
* Solving technical problems involving integrated operating systems and hardware platforms.
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
* Use network domains.
Required Work Experience
* Two years related work experience.
* High school diploma or educational equivalent.
Other Preferred Qualifications
* Knowledge of programming languages and knowledge of assistive hardware and software technologies.
* Have sufficient knowledge to manage and use Autodesk and other CAD products (such as AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, SolidWorks, etc.)
* Work is performed in a variety of settings.
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling, and at times subject to stooping, crawling, and climbing.
* May need to lift heavy objects of up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to focus.
* Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
* Train others in proper safety rules and procedures.
Please Note : ACC job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M on the job posting closing date (midnight on the day before the closing date). Please apply prior to the job closing date and time.
$44,817 - $56,021
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
February 24, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert