Job Vacancy Announcement
Coordinator, Online Student Support Services
Full Time or Part Time
Hiring Salary Range
$61,113 - $67,224 / annually
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Regular or Temporary
Job Description Summary
The Online Student Support Services Coordinator provides
integrated, single-point-of-contact support services for online
students to create a proactive learning partnership. This includes
tracking online student enrollment, persistence, success, and
completion; and recommending and implementing strategies,
processes, or systems to increase success of first-time online
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Associates degree in related
field or equivalent formal training in related field. A combination
of education and related experience for a total of six years’
experience working in a service-oriented environment, technical
support, or related field. Familiarity with online learning
technology required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have strong commitment to higher education.
- Familiarity with one or more Learning Management Systems (Bb
- Ability to successfully resolve student issues from request
- Skilled at connecting and building rapport with students from
- Creative, innovative, and able to work both independently and
in team environments.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong computer and technical support skills.
CRITERIA : The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria
used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the
applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position
- Serves as the point person for online students who need
assistance with the intake process, enrollment, advising, schedule
changes; also handle advising, testing, and proctoring queries from
online students who initiate contact via email, phone, live chat as
well as in-person.
- Develop, deliver, evaluate, and maintain an interactive student
orientation experience to prepare students for success in the
online learning environment.
- Develop and maintain an online student support guide, managing
materials and documentation.
- Reviews online class performance data for classes for
predictors of online student success/failure and communicate with
faculty to identify common hurdles or challenges for this
- Analyzes student demographic and survey date for predictors of
retention/attrition/completion in online courses.
- Composes study strategies e-resources, self-assessments, and
tools designed to improve students’ readiness and success for
- Provides recommendations regarding online student support
strategies to intervene based on review of performance data, and
develop online student support strategies to target students who
struggle in online classes.
- Identifies tools such as Zoom, Teams or Canvas, and interactive
media such as gaming technology and social media such as LinkedIn
or portfolios, that create community and engagement for online
- Reviewscourse survey data and conduct focus groups with online
students as needed to develop material that best serves their
- Identifies the unique needs of online learners and
characteristics that impact their success and connection to the
college in coordination with eLearning Services team, the
instructional designer/developer, and online faculty.
- Assesses the effectiveness, student satisfaction, and
sustainability of resources developed.
- Maintains accurate documentation and assist eLearning Services
with annual reports, surveys, and other reporting
- Adheres to college policy regarding confidentiality
- Provides Learning Management System assistance to students via
walk-in, phone, email, and live chat.
- Ensure the Learning Management System information is accurate
and up-to-date for online students each semester, including course
syllabi and other minimal expectations as established by the
college for online courses.
- Design, deliver, and Assess orientation and training for online
students on the Learning Management System and myPGCC student
- Tracks LMS and myPGCC student portal training to ensure
students are prepared for online courses.
- Responds to online student concerns as reflected on
- Responsible for complying with all required College mandated
training within the prescribed timelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Is Background Check Required?
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30
p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on department
- Ability to effectively communicate in spoken and written
- A limited background investigation will be conducted prior to
offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal
information will be required if selected for an interview.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Prince George’s Community College values the safety of its
students, faculty, and staff. As part of that commitment, the
College has announced effective October 21, 2021, all students,
faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against COVID -19 or tested
for the virus weekly. As a prospective or new employee, you will be
required to comply with this mandate and all the necessary safety
protocols, including wearing a mask. Please direct your questions
related to the vaccination, testing, mask mandates, and
requirements for exemptions to VMPO@pgcc.edu .
; you will receive an email
acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no
further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or
the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
First review of applications will occur on June 6,
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have a combination of education and related experience
for a total of at least six years? See minimum qualifications for
- * Please provide evidence of your ability to effectively use
instructional technology (Internet, instructional software,
Learning Management System, videoconferencing, etc.).
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Certifications - See Minimum Qualifications for type