The Office of Surgical Research (OSR) within the Michael E. DeBakey
Department of Surgery is seeking a Senior Research Administration
Associate to coordinate pre- and post-award activities of grants
and contracts. The Senior Research Administration Associate will be
responsible for working directly with principal investigators and
central offices to develop grants and contracts documents to ensure
compliance with sponsor guidelines; to setup awards and sub-awards
(compliance); to monitor finances of awards; and to track reports
due dates and preparation of annual and final reports. This
position requires regular interaction with faculty and delivering
high quality customer service. Excellent communication skills and
attention to details are a must, as are adherence to quality
standards and all relevant policies and award regulations.
- Prepare, submit and follow up on grant applications and on
set-up of grant and subcontract initial application, renewals and
no-cost extensions, by certifying summary data in the College's
electronic Biomedical Research and Assurance Information Network
(BRAIN) on behalf of the department.
- Contribute to the development and review of budgets and budget
- Provide guidance to investigators for proposal development and
submission by interpreting granting agency guidelines and
- Submit grant packages to external funding agencies (NIH, DoD,
- Monitor departmental grant submission activity for both fiscal
performance and compliance with applicable policies (IPAs and
- Work closely with faculty members in managing their financial
awards and provides related budgetary and financial reports.
- Manage salary allocation for department personnel and cost
- Assist faculty to process their research grant progress and
financial reports due to sponsors (closeout of sponsored
- Prepare journal entries when necessary to properly reflect
- Prepare reports using BRAIN and/or contract tracking data.
- Prepare outgoing subcontracts and review incoming
- Develop and maintain relationships with PIs, and central
offices and sponsor’s representatives for all grants and contracts
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the
pre-award and post award grants management process. Review and
analyze current processes, faculty-staff communication, and quality
of submission and management of awards. Make recommendations for
process revisions and implement changes as appropriate.
- Contribute to quarterly/biannual/annual metrics reports.
- Ensure compliance with all guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree. Certified Research Administrator
certification through the Research Administrators Certification
Council (RACC) may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Experience with grant submissions
- Experience with grant budget justifications
- Experience with preparing grant applications
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully
vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against
vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to,
COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; SN