Baylor College of Medicine is hiring for an exciting new
opportunity, the Senior Business Applications Associate – an SAP
S/4 HANA Data Modeler and Developer, to join our SAP Enterprise
Reporting team. Our Reporting team has delivered dashboards, and
reports for HR and Finance, that are used by various Departments at
the college, and by the Chief Operating Officer and executive
Leadership. The SAP Enterprise Reporting team is poised to move to
the next phase of our analytics journey. We are looking for a
resource who has specialized in working with business users to
assist with building data models that help the use of business
intelligence applications to enhance business decision making
capabilities. The resource will work with HR and Finance to develop
and maintain data sources and repositories to support their
analytical needs; and will also work within the SAP Enterprise team
to develop and maintain data sources, repositories of a future
cross functional data warehouse. The resource will be part of a
team transforming the processes and applications to modernize the
way the College operates.
• Engages with Business stakeholders across the organization to
determine requirements and establish technological solutions
• Designs and implements HANA views, queries, etc.
• Analyzes, troubleshoots, and resolves application problems and
data discrepancies of medium to complex nature with the ability to
provide documentation and proposed resolution.
• Defines and documents business requirements, transitions business
requirements into technological solutions.
• Performs hands-on development work using tools and systems such
HANA, and other databases.
• Collaborates closely with developers to implement
• Develops and implements databases, data collection systems, data
analytics, and other strategies that optimize efficiency and
• Provides support in identification, integration and preparation
of large volumes of data.
• Works with reporting team(s) in Chief Operating Officer’s
organization to develop data sources, models, and repositories to
support analytics needs.
• Enables our customers to move beyond reporting metrics to making
the information actionable.
• Contributes to other projects/initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree. Four years of relevant experience may
substitute for degree requirement.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated SAP experience with SAP HANA/in memory computing
- Demonstrated experience with Native HANA - HANA Modeling (HANA
Studio), design and implementation of Calculation Views, Analytical
Views, Queries, etc.
- Experience with SAP technical architecture stack, and SAP HANA
- Strong knowledge in data modeling techniques that can be
leveraged by reporting tools such as PowerBI
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing principles.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Business process analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to collect and translate business requirements.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to coordinate activities, projects, etc. across
multiple functional areas (e.g., HR, IT, Finance).
- PowerBI knowledge a plus
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully
vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against
vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to,
COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; DI