The Alumni Association encourages applications for an Events &
Outreach Administrative Assistant! This position assists with
outreach with Forever Buffs, assisting our Volunteer network,
aiding Alumni Career Services, and other special projects'
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Alumni Association was built to inspire all current and future
CU Boulder alumni to develop a lifelong relationship with the
university and one another. Our goal is to cultivate pride in the
university to increase the perceived value of a CU Boulder degree
and build an engaged Forever Buffs community. We are committed to
building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive, community
of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to a
socially just campus environment and providing meaningful
opportunities through the CU network to help Forever Buffs advance
their careers, connect with others and enrich their lives.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Forever Buffs Outreach
- This position will assist with supporting the programs that
will be planned and implemented throughout the summer and fall and
help the Alumni Association meet its objectives with critical
programming for summer engagement activities and will heavily
support the planning and execution of Fall engagement activities.
This position needs the ability to lift 60 lbs (during in-person
- Support Forever Buffs Outreach Engagements including:
- Spirit days
- Buffs on Tap 2022
- Fall Welcome
- Ralphie’s Corral/Buffs Bash
- Volunteer engagement activities
- Support other engagements as requested
Alumni Career Services
- Aid in the execution of volunteer events and engagements,
- Volunteer Network Virtual Happy Hour Series
- Local Chapter Retreat and Local Volunteer Summits
- Football Watch Parties
- Supervise and process chapter and club email and web
- Collect and coordinate FY20 chapter/club data for Engagement
- Support processes to onboard volunteers including logging
submission forms and communicating with new volunteers
Special Projects / Administration
- Assist Career Services with content development for the Forever
Buffs Network & the LinkedIn Group
- Provide administrative aid to virtual events and data
- Support activities associated with Buffs Hiring Buffs
- Assist with posting content to various aspects of the
- Support data gathering and tracking (Forever Buffs Metrics,
Engagement Data) and help capture data from all units and
consolidate into one report
- Support the FBN mentor program as requested
What You Should Know
- Support E&O Leadership by:
- Responding to community emails and phone calls
- Assist staff with special projects
- Help manage budget tracking sheets for all speedtypes and
reconcile with financial reports
- Assist with scholarship communications and reviews
This is a temporary, part-time position. The appointment is
anticipated to end December 31, 2022.
This position is in a hybrid work situation.
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply
campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement
. New employees must
provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious
exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can Offer
The hourly pay is $20.00.
Temporary positions at the University of Colorado are not
benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave
Be challenged. Be imaginative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- 1-2 years of project management or marketing communications
experience. A bachelor's degree may substitute for experience on a
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience working with events, students, alumni, and
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Punctual and good time-management skills
- Good at working in a team setting
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- Optional: A cover letter that specifically tells us how your
background and experience align with the requirements,
qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 6, 2022, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: