Get to Know American University
At American University we value open and honest inquiry, servant
leadership, and the affirmation of the human dignity of all. We
envision a thriving AU community where individuals of all
identities and experiences are understood, appreciated, and fully
included, and where equitable treatment, opportunities, and
Our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff represent
every state and more than 150 countries. Our internationally
recognized faculty are today's thought leaders in the areas of
public policy, law, the arts, communications, international
development, and more. Our staff are innovative, service-oriented,
and dedicated to moving the university towards achieving its
strategic goals. We are committed to an excellent experience for
all of our students, faculty and staff and share a passion for
creating change through our knowledge and our work.
Learn more about American University by clicking here .
About the Department/Unit
HR is evolving and embarking on the Hiring Process
initiative which will improve our recruiting and
onboarding processes to deliver an employee experience that
attracts and retains high-performing and diverse faculty and staff
at all levels.
Performs administrative functions and supports training and
development needs at American University for training developed,
delivered, and/or supported through the HR Talent Strategies team.
Partners with Senior Director of Talent Development to design and
deliver training and to evaluate training needs and effectiveness
- Supports Talent Strategies training programs and courses by
coordinating or performing the administrative functions necessary
to deliver and document training programs and by providing
production support for the creation and/or delivery of training
program whether facilitated or e-learning.
- Delivers training covering a range of technical, operational,
interpersonal and/or management areas to staff and faculty
- Assists with designing training courses by formulating training
outlines, determining instructional methods and selecting or
developing training aids, utilizing knowledge of specified training
needs and effectiveness of such methods as individual training,
group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings,
and workshops and the best type of materials that work with the
- Evaluates effectiveness of training courses and utilizes
relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in
instructional objectives and methods. Assists in analyzing and
assessing training and development needs for individuals,
communities, and/or university departments.
- Drafts professional development related communications
including a newsletter, web content, and course offerings.
- Other duties as assigned Collaborate on completion of all
Talent Strategies departmental activities in areas identified as
priorities in the AU Strategic Plan and other duties as
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- The Training Coordinator reports directly to the Senior
Director, Talent Development.
Required Education and Experience
- Full Time
- Coordinator/Analyst A
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and one to three years of experience or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience facilitating/delivering adult training in a
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Preferred Experience: training design and delivery
- Effective Writing experience to multiple audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a
- Teaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability to conduct and produce training using virtual platforms
including Zoom and Microsoft Teams, including the ability to
troubleshoot during sessions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organizing, track, and coordinate multiple projects,
schedules, and courses with attention to detail.
- Ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate training
plans, curricula, and methodology.
- Skill in preparing instructional aids and plans.
- Ability to create e-learnings using Articulate 360 or similar
- Reliability in service delivery to clients at various
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful
completion of a background check.
- To ensure the health and safety of our community AU requires
COVID-19 vaccinations for faculty and staff. Click here to learn
more about our health and safety directive .
AU offers a competitive benefits package including a 200% matching
retirement plan, tuition benefits for full-time staff and their
families, several leadership development certificates, and has been
recognized by the American Heart Association as a fit-friendly
worksite.Click here to learn about American University's unique
benefit options .
Current American University Employees
If you are a current employee at American University, please log
intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU,
please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal
For more information or assistance with the American University
careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and
regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal
appearance, gender identity and expression, family
responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran
status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases
under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its
programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: