Visiting Assistant Professor - Cultural
The Department of Anthropology welcomes qualified applicants for
a one-year Visiting Assistant Professor position focused on
Cultural Anthropology. The successful candidate will be responsible
for a range of topical courses appropriate to their qualifications
and complementing the Department’s four-field approach. Additional
face-to-face and/or online courses are possible during the summer
2022 and 2023 terms.
- D. or ABD status in Anthropology or related field
- Record of undergraduate teaching experience in relevant
- Experience, ability, and demonstrated commitment to cultivating
learning environments that are equitable and inclusive of students
from diverse backgrounds and social identities.
- Specialty or subspecialty in Cultural Anthropology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach one or more classes such as:
Native American Perspectives, Asian Perspectives, Sex and gender in
Society, Visual Anthropology, Anthropology of Childhood, and Intro
to Cultural Anthropology.