This position manages all campus mailrooms for students, faculty
and staff, oversees the distribution of mail and packages to
students. Must lead and supervise one FTE and student employees.
Train new staff, assign, and direct employees as needed to fulfill
daily goals.. Position requires high level of customer service to
communicate with customers, resolve issues and assist with
departments and student package requests. Monitor and manage mail
routes and package delivery to lockers for on-time arrival. Assign
and establish mail stops for every department on campus.
The manager also responsible to provide leadership and first-line
supervision of all phases of operations of the Copy Center
including: staffing and training students, scheduling and assigning
copy production work, communicating with customers regarding their
copy production needs, implementing appropriate quality control
standards, and coordinating Copy Center operations with postal
office staff. The Copy Center supervise and operates digital
high-speed monochrome and color copiers and related copy/bindery
production equipment, manage inventories of paper and supplies, and
perform daily routine maintenance on equipment and color
calibration of color printers.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
DESCRPITION OF NONESSENTIAL DUTIES :
- Oversee packages scanning process for accuracy.
- Make sure all packages are received, processed and delivered
the same day.
- Ensure that all outbound mail and packages are metered or
otherwise processed in outgoing shipping systems for pick-up by or
delivery to carriers at the end of the day.
- Perform customer service duties such as answering phones and
email, and fielding inquiries from faculty, staff and students
regarding mail package and delivery service.
- Complete time collection and payroll submission.
- Complete deposits and cash receipting as needed.
- Process outgoing mail and packages as needed.
- Ensure all staff properly trained and take other required
training for certification as required.
- Must have good supervisory skills, good communication skills
with customers and staff, and serve as a good example for
- Knowledge of cash handling procedure and the sale of
accountable paper (postage, stamps, money orders, etc.) as well as
credit and debit card processing.
- Knowledge of USPS rates and classifications.
- Knowledge of UPS, FedEx and other third party vendor rates and
- Ability to learn and manage departmental mail delivery
- Ability to learn to use package tracking and locker system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word and
- Coordinate work of printing and reproduction services staff;
prioritize and distribute workload, demonstrate proper work
methods; train and schedule employees and students.
- Maintains accurate records of work in progress; checks and logs
work orders and prepares monthly report.
- Establishes quality standards and check completed jobs for
adherence to standards; recommends improved techniques and
procedures for the office.
- Maintain supply inventory and orders supplies according to
department needs and procedures.
- Confers with clients (students, faculty and staff) regarding
job order processing time and cost effectiveness of various methods
and materials; provide estimates of job order costs.
- Maintain copy center collating and bindery equipment making
adjustments as necessary; monitor service contracts and arrange for
repair service as required; perform minor repairs and preventive
maintenance on equipment as needed.
- Recommends new equipment purchases to supervisor.
- Prepare cash deposits and maintains daily cash records;
balances departmental accounts and bill user departments.
- Sets up/or operates the more complicated and involved
duplicating coping machines, binary machines, machine stapler,
punch press and related equipment to enable operation of printing
and production services.
- Oversees deliveries of finished jobs and coordinates the
delivery and receipt of campus jobs.
- Operate hand scanners, solve issues and call for repairs.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES :
- Distribute all keys for new and current employees and all keys
- Keep spread sheet of all keys assignments.
- Process walking-in jobs.
- Provides copy paper to various departments on campus.
Supervise one part-time employee and
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS :
(To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIRED :
- Must have good supervisory skills, good communication skills
with customers and staff, and serve as a good example.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a department with multiple
- Knowledge of intelligent locker systems.
- Assist staff and students with daily tasks including waiting on
customers and sorting mail.
- Resolve outstanding issues between college mailing services and
college employees, USPS, vendors and the public.
- A high school diploma or the equivalent is required; an
associate’s degree in a technical area, such as printing or
computer information system is preferred.
- Experience in higher education environment is preferred.
Knowledge of the US Postal System and its operations and
familiarity with electronic estimating/billing software.
- The ability to examine printing products and make adjustments
in the quality of the finished product is required. This position
unloads, stacks, lifts and carries carton of papers weighing 50
pounds throughout the day.
- The scope of this position may require night time, holiday,
and/or weekend work.
- Reduce the potential for injury to workers or damage to
equipment by complying with and enforcing written safety and
- Contribute to the overall success of the department by
performing other essential duties and responsibilities as
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
(The physical demands described here are
representatives of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases
“occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the
following definitions: “occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working
time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and
“frequently” means 2/3 and more of working time.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand and/or walk. The employee is
frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to
finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee
is occasionally required to lift up to the 50 pounds while handling
supplies and equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
(The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.)
Work is performed in an office environment at the Carthage Campus.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate and
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of
reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation,
so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a
four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran
tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and
intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin,
midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the
opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful
campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home
to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time
students. Our rich academic experience equips students with
foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be
lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community.
We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including
members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation,
national origin, protected veteran status or status as an
individual with a disability.