Assistant Sports Information Director
Department of Athletics Summary:
As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent
many faith systems and worldviews Marian University seeks a
qualified highly energetic and ambitious professional to serve as
Assistant Sports Information Director. The Assistant Sports
Information Director is a part-time (hourly), 12-month position.
Reporting to the Sports
Information Director, the Assistant Sports Information Director’s
responsibilities are, but not limited to, the following:
- Write game stories and press releases
- Manage press operations for home events
- Provide editorial content for MUKnights.com, the official
website of Marian Athletics
- Report appropriate statistics and award nominations to
the Crossroads League and NAIA
- Website and historical data maintenance
- Documenting records for assigned sports
- Oversee stat crew operations at home events
- Provide social media support for assigned sports
- Produce content and graphics for social media and video
- Filming video content such as in game highlights or
promotional video material
- Oversee a student-worker staff of 20-30 students
- Other duties may be assigned by the Sports Information
- Qualifications include knowledge of and a commitment to the
mission of Marian University; minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in
Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Sports Management or
a related field.
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills are
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign and
Photoshop, as well as StatCrew and/or Dakstats.
- Knowledge in video editing and use of digital cameras, along
with use of programs such as Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier
- Social media experience and proficiency.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Prior work experience in communications of at least one
- Prefer at least two years of experience working in college
athletics media relations or a related field.