The Sr. Associate Athletic Director, Strategic Marketing and
Communications/External Relations is a senior-level position in the
Department of Athletics, responsible for increasing the exposure
and awareness of the Drexel Athletics brand and identity. This
position will manage the external, marketing and communications
staff and will work collaboratively with individuals and
organizations across the University. This role will develop and
implement creative and measurable plans that include marketing and
promotions of varsity Athletics events and engagement,
communications across all media and digital platforms, revenue
through promotions and ticket sales, merchandise and fulfillment of
corporate sales and vendor agreements.
- Develop, implement, evaluate and refine a comprehensive
marketing strategy designed to help the department advance and
achieve key goals in innovative brand identity, creative messaging
strategies, and constituent engagement.
- Create awareness and oversee engagement, marketing and
promotional campaigns around games, events, fundraising and
partnerships by using innovative marketing strategies to build
relationships, enhance department reputation and engagement of
- Develop and enhance brand presence and consistency across all
physical, digital and social media platforms as well as
co-integrating department platforms with partners to increase
sustainable engagement on social media and shape the
- Develop a strategic plan and assess measurable goals and
objectives that advance the external, communication and marketing
objectives (ticket and merchandise sales, marketing, promotions,
corporate relationships) with University partners to promote the
- Proven knowledge of marketing principles, market research,
online behaviors, trends and technologies to identify and recommend
communication strategies and conversion strategies.
- Supervise the external, marketing and communications team
including Athletic Communications, ticket operations, digital
media, marketing and video.
- Lead branding initiatives through content, corporate
- Manage the partnership with corporate rights holder and direct
personnel associated with the partnership to ensure partnership
fits the mission and direction of Drexel Athletics. Oversee
contracts related to broadcasting, multimedia, outside concession
vendors and ensure the fulfillment of Corporate Sales
- Serve as primary licensing contact and approver with Collegiate
Licensing Company overseeing the licensing of all university logos,
- Serve as a member of the senior cabinet team of the athletic
department and sport administrator for at least one varsity
- Oversee and manage all budgetary matters for external,
marketing and communications.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 7 years in marketing, sales, promotions or
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and written/oral
communications, understanding and knowledge of NCAA rules and
- Valid Driver’s License.
University City, Philadelphia PA
This position is classified as Exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional
Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
May 25 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Jun 26 2022 Eastern Daylight Time