Student Financial Services Representative
- Drew University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- May 26, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs, Student Affairs, Financial Aid, Other Student Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Drew University is seeking a Student Financial Services Representative. This is an entry level position that serves as a primary point of contact for the Student Accounts and Financial Aid Offices. This person will answer inquiries relating to Student Accounts and Financial Aid, ensuring that our students and families receive high-quality customer service. This candidate must be able to communicate financial information in a professional and courteous manner. It is important that this person has the ability to establish and create working relationships with other departments in order to achieve common goals.
- Professionally communicate payment options and financial information to students and families via email, phone, or in-person
- Assist students in areas concerning their financial account records, including understanding their tuition and fee charges, refunds, and 1098T tax forms
- Perform the processing, collection, and the reconciliation of student receivables, including balancing a daily deposit
- Review and manage reports to ensure accurate and timely processing of student refunds
- Manage and Invoice 3rd party Agencies, including serving as the VA certifying official
- Coordinate efforts with other departments to ensure that school policies and processes are in compliance with State and Federal agencies
- Responsible for attending specified functions where office representation is required; this may include an evening or weekend during peak periods
- Provide excellent customer service to students, faculty, and staff
- Performs other duties as assigned, within the scope, responsibility, and requirements of the job
- High School Diploma/GED, College Diploma preferred
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience, including customer service, accounts receivables, cash handling, and/or collections.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow directions to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Manage a high volume workload, being able to effectively problem solve
- Experience working in a higher education environment with the working knowledge of the Banner operating system is preferred
To apply, submit the following materials. The position is an immediate fill.
- Cover letter, including desired salary range
- Contact information of 3 professional references (or as specified by the Hiring Manager)
Drew University, a Phi Beta Kappa liberal arts university, includes the College of Liberal Arts, the Drew Theological School, and the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies. Drew is located on a beautiful, wooded campus in Madison, New Jersey, a thriving small town close to New York City.
It has a total enrollment of more than 2,000 students and has 148 full-time faculty members, 99% of whom hold a terminal degree in their field. The Theological and Caspersen schools offer MA and PhD degrees, and the College confers BA and BS degrees in over 50 disciplines and offers 16 professional and 16 dual-degree programs.
Drew’s one-of-a-kind, the leading-edge path to an undergraduate degree, Launch, ensures that every student graduates with a purpose, sought-after transferable skills, a network of mentors, and an experience-based résumé—guaranteed. Particularly noteworthy opportunities for undergraduates include the Charles A. Dana Research Institute for Scientists Emeriti (RISE), home of 2015 Nobel Prize Winner for Medicine and Drew Fellow William Campbell, the Drew Summer Science Institute (DSSI), the Center for Civic Engagement, as well as New York City semesters focusing on Communications & Media, Contemporary Art, Museums & Cultural Management, New York Theatre, Social Entrepreneurship, Wall Street, and the United Nations, and several international semester programs.
Drew also houses the Center on Religion, Culture & Conflict, the Center for Holocaust/Genocide Study, and the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey, an independent professional theater, as well as the United Methodist Archives and History Center and one of the country’s leading concentrations of materials on Willa Cather.
To enrich education through diversity, Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Following federal and state requirements, a candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States if selected for hire. This position is subject to a background check.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert