ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF COMMERCIAL MUSIC COMPOSITION AND PRODUCTION
Application Deadline: Review of applicants will begin December 1, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
The successful candidate will:
• Demonstrate ability to teach courses in commercial
composition, production, and arranging as related to the field of
music, particularly, that which supports visual media such as film,
television, computer gaming, virtual reality and web platforms, and
other digital media for students within and outside the School;
explore the potential expansion of the music theory and composition
programs and their curricular offerings; continue to engage in
nationally/internationally recognized creative/professional
practice and/or scholarship.
• Embrace new forms of critically engaged disciplinary practice/scholarship in the evolving field of commercial music composition and production and opportunities to teach broadly across the music theory and composition curricula, and envision new ways to expand beyond them.
• Where appropriate, the potential to bring external funding to the School of Music/College.
• As a collaborative departmental citizen, actively participate in departmental, college and university service, including committee work and academic support services such as recruitment of students into the program; audition review; program review (including implementation and assessment of outcomes); help to maintain the music theory and composition areas’ accreditation with NASM; and student advising, supervision of student organizations, and participation in sponsored off-campus activities.
• Work well with colleagues within and outside the School, particularly in building interdisciplinary collaborations.
• Experience working with diverse student populations and first-generation students is highly desirable.
Refer to job posting and requisition ID 12132BR.
Please provide the following with your application:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of three references with contact information
- Digital access (e.g., online links) to scores with recordings of current work representing candidate’s scope of abilities
Questions contact Carla Cash at firstname.lastname@example.org