Senior Associate Director of Financial Aid
About Champlain College:
Founded in 1878, Champlain College is a small, private,
not-for-profit college in Burlington, Vermont overlooking Lake
Champlain and the Adirondack mountains, with additional campuses in
Montreal, Canada, and Dublin, Ireland. Its career-driven approach
to higher education prepares students for professional life from
their very first semester.
Champlain's Centers of Experience provide students from across
all majors with experiential learning environments that guide them
in how to take their classroom knowledge and put it to the test in
practical applications allowing them to gain real-world experience
firsthand. Each Center connects Champlain to the local community
and the world, turning theory into practice. The Centers entrust
students with responsibility, engage them in ambitious goals and
empower them to lead with creativity, confidence, insight, and
integrity. At the helms of the Centers are cutting-edge industry
professionals who share the goal of providing the most relevant,
career-focused education, enriched with hands-on learning
opportunities. The College offers 30 undergraduate degrees as
well as online undergraduate, graduate, and certificate
Our accolades include:
- Fiske Guide to Colleges 2021 selects Champlain as one of the
"best and most interesting schools" in the United States, Canada
and Great Britain
- Champlain is featured in The Princeton Review's 2021
"The Best 386 Colleges," including among its "Best Northeastern
- For the sixth year in a row, Champlain is named a "Most
Innovative School" in the North by U.S. News & World
Report's "America's Best Colleges" and is recognized as a
"Best Value School"
- Champlain College is recognized as a 2021 College of
The Senior Associate Director is responsible for the day-to-day
management and operation of the Office of Financial Aid, with
special emphasis on customer service and the efficient use of
technology. Reporting to the Senior Director of Enrollment
Management and Financial Aid, this role will take the lead in
implementing policies and procedures which support the goals and
objectives of the office, the Enrollment Management Division, and
the College. Serving as the primary technology manager, the
Senior Associate Director is responsible for managing the financial
aid module of Ellucian Colleague and the financial aid workflow and
documentation in Image Now. The incumbent will assist the
Senior Director of Enrollment Management and Financial Aid with the
preparation of all external and internal reports, the yearly
audits, and ensuring that the College remains compliant with all
federal, state and institutional regulations and policies. The
Senior Associate Director supervises and trains the staff in the
Office of Financial Aid and works closely with other offices
throughout the College.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead and manage daily office operations and customer
- Administer federal, state and institutional financial aid
programs including scholarships, grants, federal work-study, and
loans. Direct the review, awarding and disbursement of financial
- Collaborate to develop, plan and implement departmental goals
- Serve on appeal committee for financial aid reviews and
satisfactory academic progress.
- Represent the office and the College and internal and external
- Create a service-oriented environment committed to supporting
students by providing high quality financial aid counseling and
- Primary technology manager for Office of Financial Aid,
supporting multiple systems, dab integrity and reporting.
- Responsible for the management of the Ellucian Colleague
financial aid module.
- Manage the Image Now document imaging process and workflow for
- continuously evaluate Colleague and Image Now processes
and procedures for possibly improvements.
- Manage the College's Net Price Calculator, including annual
- Staff supervision and training.
- Train staff members in various areas of financial aid.
- Provide stass with progressive experience in the financial aid
industry through mentorship and professional development
- Recruit and hire staff as needed.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and institutional
regulations and procedures.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the office's
policy & procedure manual.
- Maintain personal knowledge of all current federal, state and
- Partner with Sr. Director of Enrollment Management &
Financial Aid to complete the filing of federal reports, including
the FISAP and yearly audits.
- Work in partnership with Sr. Director of Enrollment
Management & Financial Aid to develop new strategies to
help families better understand their aid offers and keep all
marketing materials compliant with federal regulation.
Bachelors degree or 5 or more years of relevant
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong critical
thinking and problem-solving skills
Some travel and non-business hours work is required as needed
The successful completion of a criminal background check is
required as a condition of employment.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race,
creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion,
age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military
service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on
the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not
discriminate in the administration of its education and admission
policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or
co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain
College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified
students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees.
Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions
concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain
College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for
employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and
diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection
of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to
be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we
live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of
interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired
qualifications. The College seeks candidates who, through their
work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or
research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic
excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about
how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this
goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:
For More Information and to Apply: