The Financial Operations Assistant provides financial and
administrative support to Science Operation programs.
Auto req ID
400103 Accounting Assistant V
USA - MA - Cambridge
Financial Operations Assistant
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Accounting or business training beyond high school and a minimum of
three years office/financial experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge
of fixed asset accounting and familiarity with scientific equipment
- This position will be required to communicate effectively and
develop strong working relationships with faculty, staff, and
students across the FAS Division of Science and the
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the
ability to multitask and tackle multiple projects independently are
- A proven commitment to excellent customer service is
- Proficiency with the Oracle E-Business Suite, Microsoft Office
Suite, FileMaker Pro or other relational database applications, and
Open Scholar or other web publishing software is required.
Harvard offers a competitive benefits package that
- We regret that Harvard University is unable to provide work
authorization and/or visa sponsorship for this position.
- All formal written offers will be made by FAS Human
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid
sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical
plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan contributions from 5%
to 15% of eligible compensation, based on age and earnings with
full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program,
$40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted
options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well
as additional options to assist employees in their daily
Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or
no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition,
meditation, and complimentary health services.
Facilities Access and Discounts: Harvard access to athletic
facilities, libraries, campus events, and many discounts throughout
Science Division - FAS Science Operations
35 hours per week
- Monitor, review, and assign financial transactions in the
Oracle Fixed Assets module of the Oracle E-Business Application
Suite as well as update capital equipment information, upload
equipment inventory reports, and other transactional work in the
system as needed.
- Conduct fieldwork in the laboratories to locate and tag new
assets as well as to conduct annual book-to-floor and floor-to-book
- Gather, prepare, and analyze asset data and create summary
- Conduct fair market value analyses of scientific equipment
- Update and maintain asset records and other documents in a
paperless digital filing system.
- Provide administrative support to Science Operations service
centers including register new users, update LIM systems, enter and
monitor purchase orders, prepare usage reports, and assist with
monthly billing review.
- Provide financial and administrative support to other
divisional programs as needed.
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and
pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and
- This position will work in the proximity of biological,
chemical, radiological, and other hazards.
- This full-time position will be based on our campus in MA, with
the possibility to have a hybrid in-person/remote schedule. The
selected candidate will need to be on campus as business needs
- The University requires all Harvard community members to be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with
COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard’s Vaccine &
Booster Requirements. Individuals may claim exemption from the
vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More
information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination
requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may
be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information”
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and
belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and
fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to
create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of
talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing
individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities,
life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.