Executive Director, Procurement
- Lone Star College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- May 24, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 5000 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77381 .
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Executive Director, Procurement is charged with the responsibility of planning, organizing, directing and administering Lone Star Colleges’ purchasing functions. Requires detailed knowledge of federal, state and local laws and System policies and procedures. Ensures strict adherence to bid dates and specifications and serves as resource to Associate Vice Chancellor, Supply Management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directs, delegates, and controls purchasing workflows to ensure timely handling to meet the needs of Lone Star Colleges’ (LSC) cost centers. Establishes practices and procedures to be followed by Buyers and other department personnel
- Monitors LSC purchases to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations and System policies. Monitors purchasing documents and ensures they are properly completed and the terms and conditions of purchases are appropriate
- Recommends major purchases of materials based on anticipated changes in prices or on unusual availability situations
- Prepares summaries and supporting documentation for purchases requiring board approval
- Researches and analyzes LSC purchases and recommends procurement changes to increase efficiencies, economics, or to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Selects vendors, assesses vendor capabilities, develops alternate sources, evaluates vendor performance, and negotiates price and delivery terms
- Assures that department records are maintained (including but not limited to price histories to provide information on price variances)
- Hires, trains and evaluates a team of Purchasing employees. Provides leadership, support, guidance, and supervision
- Undertakes specifically assigned projects relating to procurements and provides summaries, reports and recommendations on these subjects
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of regulations pertaining to public entity-purchasing process
- Advanced oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a computer-based System-purchasing operation, to analyze data, research problems and determine resolution
- Excellent management skills
- Ability to display personal initiative and autonomy
- Ability to establish strategy and direction for department
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve and provide team building skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Management, Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field and at least 7 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience must include at least 3 years in a manager- or director-level position
- Master’s degree
- E-commerce technology purchasing experience
- Experience in purchasing utilizing a computer-based purchasing system in a multi-cost center organization
- Certified Texas Purchasing Manager (CTPM), now Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM), or Certified Texas Contract Developer (CTCD)
Hiring salary range is $96,107 - $110,523
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert