Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of
Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position.
A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional
communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship,
respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is
designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in
creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding
of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact
on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence
in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace &
Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer
and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester.
LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution
by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in
the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce
Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two
System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both
are the site for multiple administrative departments and
system-wide training programs.
Location address is 5000 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, TX
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Executive Director, Procurement is charged with the
responsibility of planning, organizing, directing and administering
Lone Star Colleges’ purchasing functions. Requires detailed
knowledge of federal, state and local laws and System policies and
procedures. Ensures strict adherence to bid dates and
specifications and serves as resource to Associate Vice Chancellor,
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Directs, delegates, and controls purchasing workflows to ensure
timely handling to meet the needs of Lone Star Colleges’ (LSC) cost
centers. Establishes practices and procedures to be followed by
Buyers and other department personnel
- Monitors LSC purchases to ensure compliance with all applicable
federal, state, and local laws, regulations and System policies.
Monitors purchasing documents and ensures they are properly
completed and the terms and conditions of purchases are
- Recommends major purchases of materials based on anticipated
changes in prices or on unusual availability situations
- Prepares summaries and supporting documentation for purchases
requiring board approval
- Researches and analyzes LSC purchases and recommends
procurement changes to increase efficiencies, economics, or to
ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Selects vendors, assesses vendor capabilities, develops
alternate sources, evaluates vendor performance, and negotiates
price and delivery terms
- Assures that department records are maintained (including but
not limited to price histories to provide information on price
- Hires, trains and evaluates a team of Purchasing employees.
Provides leadership, support, guidance, and supervision
- Undertakes specifically assigned projects relating to
procurements and provides summaries, reports and recommendations on
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as
- Knowledge of regulations pertaining to public entity-purchasing
- Advanced oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Ability to manage a computer-based System-purchasing operation,
to analyze data, research problems and determine resolution
- Excellent management skills
- Ability to display personal initiative and autonomy
- Ability to establish strategy and direction for department
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve and provide team building skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to
do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending;
carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or
driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to
perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a
Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to
carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal
exposure to safety hazards
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Management, Business, Accounting,
Finance, or a related field and at least 7 years of related work
experience, or an equivalent combination of education and
- Experience must include at least 3 years in a manager- or
- Master’s degree
- E-commerce technology purchasing experience
- Experience in purchasing utilizing a computer-based purchasing
system in a multi-cost center organization
- Certified Texas Purchasing Manager (CTPM), now Certified Texas
Contract Manager (CTCM), or Certified Texas Contract Developer
Hiring salary range is $96,107 - $110,523
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted
full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall
in that range is determined by your related experience and
education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star
College, the resume submitted in the application process will be
utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined
below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed
to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work
experience. The resume should include the following information for
each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in
the Lone Star College job description should be included in the
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part
of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work
environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full
comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number
of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition
waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of
the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on
‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title
once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached
your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty,
Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the
following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching
Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email,
mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the
academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on
your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication
regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by
phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which
Lone Star College provides the federal government with information
from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is
authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are
subject to a criminal background check.