The University of Colorado Boulder's department of Advancement
encourages applications for an Executive Assistant. As the
Executive Assistant to three Assistant Vice Chancellors for
Advancement (AVCs), this highly productive assistant will provide
professional administrative support to the AVCs, and on occasion,
the Advancement Leadership Team (ALT). The Executive Assistant
functions with a great deal of independent judgment and discretion
while managing evolving and sometimes competing matters of
significance. In addition to building productive working
relationships with members of the advancement division, the
Executive Assistant will also maintain effective working
relationships with senior leadership in different units across
campus, at the CU System, and the CU Foundation.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Office of Advancement is a professional and hard-working
advancement team that generates philanthropic support and overall
external engagement for the University. Through these philanthropic
and engagement efforts, the University is able to attract the
brightest students, support and grow our hardworking faculty and
strengthen our overall academic and co-curricular programs as we
build a foundation of excellence for the future.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Administrative Leadership Support
Meeting and Event Management
- Handles highly sensitive and confidential materials with
complete discretion and integrity.
- Maintains action and meeting topic logs.
- Meets regularly with AVCs to review calendar, meetings,
scheduling conflicts, priorities, and travel, ensuring timely
- Works with the AVCs and ALT to plan agendas and execution of
- Copy edits, reviews, and distributes meeting materials under
direction of the AVCs.
- Acts as a point of coordination on behalf of AVCs in ensuring
that momentum is maintained once projects are initiated.
- Processes expense reports and maintain awareness of additional
AVC approval needs.
- Assists the AVCs and ALT in scheduling and preparing for
internal and external meetings, system meetings, and donor
meetings. Tasks include scheduling rooms, ensuring clarity of
agendas, and reviewing relevant action items and decisions.
- Ensure briefings for donor meetings are prepared in a timely
and accurate manner.
- Keeps track of and advises AVCs of meeting attendees.
- Solicits, sets, and enforces deadlines for meeting materials
from others with sufficient time for AVCs to review and prepare for
- Schedules and manages meeting invitations, Zoom reservations,
room reservations, A/V logistics and catering, as appropriate.
- Handles and arranges complex and frequent travel schedules
ensuring travel is as efficient and direct as possible.
- Ensures that meetings are well-planned to enhance the AVC’s and
- Provides follow-up with meeting participants on behalf of the
AVCs and ALT.
- Assists with all-staff meetings, staff retreats, and employee
- Respond directly or coordinate with others to ensure
appropriate, professional, and timely responses to internal and
- Organize, establish, and maintain record-keeping systems for te
AVCs, including paper and online files, donor records, prospective
donor requests, marketing materials, and AVC supplies.
- Perform all purchasing for AVCs including verifying the
accuracy of invoices and accounting codes to be charged.
- Manage and coordinate trainings, webinars, or similar
What You Should Know
- Provides donor database support and basic reports for the
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply
campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement
. New employees must
provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious
exemption within 30 days of employment.
We anticipate that this position will support a hybrid format
(remote and in-person work).
What We Can Offer
The salary range is $53,000 - $65,000 annually.
Relocation assistance is available.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be effective. Be professional. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- 3+ years of experience working with senior level management
advancing organizational priorities.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Excellent communicator in all forms of communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with employees at all levels.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance
diversity and inclusion.
- Expert ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and
adapt to changing priorities.
- Solid knowledge of general office procedures, protocol, and
- Promotes a positive, welcoming, customer service focused
environment in Office of the Vice Chancellor for Advancement.
- Ensures adherence to all CU Boulder and CU System
- Works collaboratively with student assistants.
- Ability to work independently and successfully with reliable
- Creative problem solver.
- Prior experience with customer database software and the
Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience working within a higher education or non-profit
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 13, 2022, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: