Woodbury University invites applications
for an Adjunct Faculty to join the Department of Mathematics and
Sciences. This position is looking for experienced part-time
faculty with a background in mathematics and statistics to teach
lower division classes starting FALL
- Syllabus and class preparation
- Instruction during scheduled course times
- Availability to students for consultation and assistance as
needed outside of class
- Evaluation of student performance (e.g., grading papers, exams,
- Regular evaluation of students’ work, including prompt
communication of performance on assignments
- Submission of final grades to the Registrar’s Office, which is
currently completed via Woodbury University Self- Service
We ask all faculty members to assess students’ work early and
often with a minimum of three written assessments for the semester.
Your class may be designated as a Core Competency assessment
course, in which case you will be required to submit course work
and align your content with University rubrics. You may also need
to meet periodically with your supervisor during the academic term
regarding matters related to your employment.
- Master’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics,
Statistics or related field is preferred.
- Experience managing class rosters and attendance.
- Being able to create lesson plans, actively conduct lessons,
assess student learning, and report results in a timely
- Classroom engagement skills with experience teaching
- Being able to conduct lessons online in platforms, e.g.
- Classes are conducted in person or in hybrid teaching format of
in-person and remote.
- College level teaching experience in statistics is a plus.
Experience with SPSS, Excel, or R is a plus.
- Experience managing class rosters, attendance, timely grading
- Able to provide critical, informed, and creative feedback to
Compensation and Benefits
This appointment is for part-time employment and includes
eligibility to participate in medical plans, 403(b) supplemental
plan, and access to the tuition-remission benefit on a proportional
basis. Eligibility is after 30 days of service on the first of the
Academic Affairs evaluates and determines part-time adjunct pay
based on teaching experience and degree. There are only four levels
- L1 Hourly Rate (less than 3 years of service, no terminal
degree) - $28.09
- L2 Hourly Rate (less than 3 years of service with terminal
degree) - $33.71
- L3 Hourly Rate (3 years of service and above, no terminal
degree) - $32.31
- L4 Hourly Rate (3 years of services and above with terminal
degree) - $37.93
Review of applications will begin ________ and remain open until
filled. Submissions should include:
- Current resume/CV which lists educational and employment
- List of college-level mathematics and statistics courses
- Contact information of at least three (3) references
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
All application materials must be submitted through
the Woodbury University Job Board.
Email applications and submissions on third party platforms will
not be considered.
About Woodbury University
Located in Southern California at the global epicenter of
creativity and influence, Woodbury University earns its reputation
as a leading creative university thanks to nationally ranked
programs in its School of Architecture and School of Media, Culture
& Design. What makes the university unique is the array of
unparalleled academic offerings in its School of Business and
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. The university has been named
a College of Distinction for 7 years running and has earned NASAD
(MCD, architecture), AACSB (business), WSCUC, ACBSP (business),
CIDA (architecture), and NAAB (architecture) accreditations. With
an 8:1 student-to-faculty ratio, students learn from one of the
most professionally accomplished faculties in the world, intern and
work at the most innovative companies in the world, and go on to
build careers that others only dream of. Please follow the link to
learn more about Woodbury University: https://woodbury.edu/about/about-woodbury/facts-and-figures/
Woodbury University is dedicated to celebrating
diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for
all employees. Woodbury University is an EEO/AA institution
committed to multicultural diversity in its peoples and programs.
All employment decisions for all job classifications will be made
on the basis of such factors as education, character, ability,
skill and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex,
age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, political orientation, disability,
veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic
information, membership or non-membership in any lawful
organization, or any other protected status.