Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Service Technician I/II
Example of Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited
• Assisting with evaluations and rechecks
• Performing triage assessments
• General nursing case such as venipuncture, catheter placement,
patient restraint, treatments, medication administration, and
• Basic anesthesia and sedation procedures including patient
monitoring and recovery
• Participation in rounds with the clinicians and students
• Act as a liaison between the ICU technician assigned to the care
of each patient and the ICU doctor
• Assist the clinician with the preparation of treatment sheets,
lab submissions, radiology/anesthesia and surgical requests,
• Act as a point of contact for owners of hospitalized
• Facilitate patient visits
• Client education
• Act as a charge nurse ensuring appropriate charges are entered
- Earn up to $45.00 with shift differential pay working with the
University of Florida’s ICU Department
Sun-Wed 1pm to 11pm or Wed-Sat 1pm to 11pm
$20-$30 per hour, salary based on credentialing and
Emergency & Critical Care Veterinary Technician I:
school diploma or equivalent and one year of relevant
Emergency & Critical Care Veterinary Technician II:
Credentialed veterinary technician
Prefer applicants with 3-5 years of experience in emergency and/or
critical care medicine.
Graduation from an accredited veterinary technology program and/or
certified veterinary technician or eligible to sit for the
Knowledge of animal care and nursing, especially critical
Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and terminology.
Knowledge of the equipment and materials used and their
availability and applications.
Ability to effectively maintain a working environment while in
Ability to effectively communicate with employees of various levels
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still
under consideration and need not reapply.
In order to be considered for these positions, you must
• Cover Letter
• List of References
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health
insurance and paid time off.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are
claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214
Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our
Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end
Health Assessment Required:
Yes; Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs, bend, kneel,
pull, push, twist and stand for an extended period of time.