A Programmer/Analyst at HCC is responsible for systems analysis,
design, programming, implementation, operation, and user liaison
functions supporting the college's administrative information
system. Hybrid work potential, but subject to change based on HCC's
needs. Responsible for systems analysis, design, programming,
implementation, operation and user liaison functions supporting the
college's administrative information system.
- Design, develop, test, debug, implement and document complex
- Modify existing programs and procedures, to meet new user
requests, regulatory requirements, and impacting vendor-supplied
- Analyze user application/programming requests and
develop/recommend solutions and time estimates.
- Provide programming and problem resolution assistance to
members of the programming and operations staff.
- Perform data analysis to address data discrepancies, identify
data clean-up initiatives, improve system performance, and maintain
data integrity between interfacing systems.
- Manage and support configuration settings between interfacing
systems, ensuring accurate and direct transmission of data.
- Serve as user's point-of-contact for data warehouse
- Write and execute ad hoc queries for multiple database
- Support Web applications through HTML changes and
- Work with third party vendors in the receipt of software and
documentation to assess and document impact to in-house operations
- Develop and produce mandatory reports for state agencies.
- Document automated applications. Develop flow charts and block
- Develop proposals, feasibility studies and programming
- Prepare production procedures for computer processing.
- Develop user documentation.
- Provide technical support to functional departments.
- Design file structures, audit trails, reports, test databases,
and data backup and recovery procedures.
- Recommend changes/enhancements that improve program performance
and/or application processing.
- Support use of Ellucian products and services.
- Function as a member of the development team in departmental
application testing and implementation, taking initiative and
responsibility when required.
- Direct system maintenance at the applications level.
- Provide guidance and assistance to user community during
implementation of new processes.
- Assist and advise users in report generation.
- Provide day to day operational support for end users.
- Assist in planning work schedules and setting priorities for
system and application changes and upgrades.
- Attend and participate in project review meetings and
- Serve as project leader for specific individual work
- Serve as an AIS representative on committees and at
- Maintain an awareness of the latest IS technological trends and
- Utilize call tracking database for helpdesk calls and as a
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in information systems, computer science or related
field and 2 years experience as a programmer or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of relevant system and database software and
- Familiarity with basic system administration tools and
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a significant level of detail.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of this job.
- Performs all duties while considering the impact of any actions
on the college's sustainability initiatives in the areas of
environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic