Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college
located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines
academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong
institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and
nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment
practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the
goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the
nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College
is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and
world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with
gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in
the Crum Woods. Swarthmore College was recently ranked number 3 in
the 2021 US News Best National Liberal Arts Colleges rankings -
Who We Are:
The Swarthmore Campus & Community Store is owned and operated
by Swarthmore College for the benefit of the Swarthmore College
Community. As part of the College, we are here to support the
academic mission of the College and to enhance student life. The
Store staff strives to provide quality products at competitive
prices in a friendly environment.
The Sales Associate provides reliable and independent assistance in
maintaining and selling course materials, supplies, and other
merchandise that directly affect the educational experience of
students and the relationship experience with the community. This
is a part-time position, up to 20 hours per week, not benefits
Who you are:
- Orders, receives, prices, stores, shelves and returns
merchandise and operates the cash register.
- Provides warm and professional customer service, exhibiting
that customer assistance takes precedence over administrative and
- Assists in phone and email support.
- Greets all visitors in a manner that promotes a positive
- Answers questions and gives directions to provide correct
- Maintains awareness of who is in the store to provide excellent
service and to discourage shoplifting.
- Coordinates with other staff members to insure efficiency,
speed, and accuracy in receiving, shelving, storing, and returning
- Assists with unloading merchandise from deliveries and
- Checks merchandise received against purchase orders. Contacts
vendors when orders are short or missing.
- Gives appropriate paperwork to Operations manager or Assistant
Director for processing.
What you bring:
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, as well as
flexibility to perform duties in a position that has constant
- Are detail oriented and have some mathematical skills.
- Builds successful relationships with campus and community
- Communicates and works effectively as a team member.
- Exhibits maturity, reliability, composure, and stability under
pressure in order to handle on-the-job challenges.
What You Will Get:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year of experience, preferably in service organization.
- Must have the ability to unload trucks and lift up to 50
pounds, bend and stoop to stock low shelves, and stand for long
periods of time.
You’ll work at one of the world's most renowned liberal arts
Colleges, with incredible benefits, a stunning 420-acre campus, and
a hybrid work environment. And you’ll join a team of passionate,
creative, and supportive people who work hard and have fun at the
Swarthmore College Campus Community store. If you are excited about
this role, we want to hear from you!
For full consideration, submit applications including resume and
pay expectations by June 13, 2022.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from
candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with
demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.
Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and
minorities are encouraged to apply.
May 23 2022 Eastern Daylight Time