Adjunct Professor – Immersive Media
- Chatham University
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- May 24, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Arts, Art, Design & Graphic Arts, Other Arts, Humanities, Other Humanities, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Computer Sciences & Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Adjunct Professor - Immersive Media
Chatham University is accepting applications for the position of Adjunct Professor
Our Immersive Media program is interdisciplinary with a focus on inter-department collaboration, research, and course development. Adjunct faculty for the program will be expected to work with the full-time faculty to explore expanded applications for immersive technologies.
Chatham University strives to promote a campus environment that understands and embraces multiculturalism while increasing individuals' intercultural competence. We actively work to build and sustain a diverse and culturally vibrant campus, which promotes employee and student success and retention.
Position Summary: This adjunct position is in the field of immersive media focused on virtual and augmented reality design and experience development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position's primary responsibility is teaching. We welcome adjunct faculty who will collaborate on course development for the Immersive Media program curriculum, as the field is constantly evolving.
Frequently, this position will work with other Immersive Media faculty to provide IT consultation and collaboration.
In this role, you are expected to participate in departmental meetings and university trainings for adjunct faculty.
- Have or show potential for collaborative interdisciplinary immersive design work using immersive technology to solve difficult problems.
- Ability to teach either Unreal Engine or Unity for immersive development
- Practical experience outside of academia (e.g. with a game development studio, design consultancy, or other company focused on immersive projects).
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Candidates with a combination of academic and practical experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Experience teaching object-oriented computer programming.
- Experience teaching or applying human-centered design principles.
- A master's degree or doctorate degree is required.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process.
To ensure full consideration, please submit:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- Contact information for three professional references
All documents should be uploaded at the same time at the time of application.
Founded in 1869, Chatham University is a fully coed institution with an enrollment of over 2,200 students and over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability; health & lab sciences; business & communication; and the arts & humanities. Chatham University is launching its Bachelor of Arts in Immersive Media in the fall of 2019. One of the first programs of its kind, the B.A. in Immersive Media (IMM) is an interdisciplinary program that equips students with knowledge of design thinking, computer programming, interactive game design technology, creative methods, and cutting-edge hardware to create immersive experiences for a variety of applications and industries.
Consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News & World Report in the Regional Universities North category, Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the College for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Persons of color, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert