Howard Community College is hiring a Web Developer to design,
implement, and manage the college websites. Develop new features,
marketing landing pages, and content. Analyze trends in Google
Analytics and make and implement recommendations for improvements
based on site performance. Provides technical training to customers
for the creation of web content. Assists Web leadership with the
execution of web-related projects and services.
- Ensures college constituents' and stakeholders' needs and
technical requirements are considered and incorporated into the
design and structure of the college website. Interacts with content
owners to assist with the publishing of content.
- Develops web training materials and conducts training for the
website coordinators and content managers.
- Assists the Associate Director of Administrative Information
Systems with improvements to the college's websites by developing
and implementing workflows, custom applications, modules, and
- Manages Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to ensure that
site is optimized and hitting Key Performance Indicators.
- Maintains close coordination and communications with network
and system administrators, along with vendors, to ensure continued
operations of the web enterprise.
- Assists Associate Director of Administrative Information
Systems with the development, maintenance, and design of all campus
- Designs and develops web pages within the college's Content
Management System and
- Designs and develops forms and workflows to support college
- Responsible for development of e-commerce forms. Ensures secure
and accurate web-based financial transactions.
- Develops CMS templates and style sheets based upon web
- Responds to Level 2 Technology Service Center calls to resolve
requests within established standards.
- Assists with project management, including planning,
requirements gathering, project team coordinating, and delivery of
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Web Development, related field, or 5 years
of Internet related experience.
- Knowledge of website administration, including analyzing server
traffic and maintaining URL links and files.
- Knowledge of designing and developing inside of open-source CMS
such as WordPress or Drupal.
- Experience using debugging tools such as Firebug and
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint preferred
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Site
Optimization, and Search engine optimization techniques.
- Knowledge of illustration programs, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and
other multimedia software.
- Programming knowledge of web-development languages
- Ability to independently solve complex problems.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
- Regular attendance is a requirement of this job.
- Performs all duties while considering the impact of any actions
on the college's sustainability initiatives in the areas of
environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic