Customer Service Specialist
- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- May 23, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Facilities Management & Physical Plant, Auxiliary Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Customer Service Specialist performs duties under general supervision of the Director of Administrative Services, but works independently to provide full range of front desk, and payroll support to the Facilities Development and Operations Department including the receiving and posting of time off and overtime. Maintains accurate data records for all service desk communication forms and telephone lines during regular operating hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Knowledge of the business practices of the department as it relates to work orders for repair and services, project management for tenant improvements and capital renewal are important for this role. Accurate data entry, word processing, and report extraction knowledge are critical. Provides administrative support and adheres to procedural and project management operational guidelines and processes for services request/work order tracking; closing of work order upon completion; and following the process to ensure billing has occurred as applicable. The duties of this position require exceptional people skills including diplomacy and tact as they will be responding to customer requests, complaints, and time sensitive needs. Additionally, this position requires exceptional organizational skills as all communications and activities must be quickly and accurately recorded despite constant interruptions from requests made by the campus community and interdepartmentally.
The Administrative Services unit of Facilities Development & Operations provides services to a University campus spread across nine sites comprised of +170 acres, 52 buildings, and more than six million gross square feet. Facilities Development & Operations employs approximately 280 full time permanent staff and up to an additional ten part time, seasonal, or contract staff. In FY20-21, the assigned operating budget for the unit is $49 million not including funds associated with purchased utilities or maintenance and repair projects.
- Assist in scheduling requests for building shut downs and send customer notifications quickly to all necessary parties
- Receive, record, and dispatch general and emergency information quickly, clearly, and accurately using computerized systems and databases for input and retrieval of data
- Determine the scope and degree of urgency for emergency service/work requests and radio dispatch Do-It-Now (DIN) Technicians on type of problem that is presented
- Assist and train customers on using the web-based iService request for non-emergency maintenance and repair calls
- Radio appropriate technicians for DIN work orders as appropriate and schedule to them on their dashboard
- Maintain and update status of work orders on the CMMS database
- Responsible for key distribution and collection of returned keys
- Ensures that all fulfilled requests are scanned and electronically filed
- General knowledge of Facilities Maintenance Dispatch Center
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage multiple situations while under duress
- Fluency in using standard software applications: word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, and Google Drive
- Strong oral communication skills
- Must possess excellent customer services and public relations skills
- Ability to analyze emergency situations accurately and take proper action
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with two years of related office work experience or a combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
- Two years of experience in customer service in a front office, maintenance or construction dispatching, or switchboard operation
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator I
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,670/month - $3,744/month
CSU Hiring Range: $3,276/month - $5,178/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at email@example.com .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: May 23, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert