The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
administers postdoctoral and senior fellowship awards at the U.S.
Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), the U.S. Air Force Institute
of Technology (AFIT), and the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA) under
the Air Force Science &
Technology Fellowship Program (AF STFP).
We are seeking highly qualified candidates who are U.S. citizens
and hold, or anticipate earning, a doctorate in a variety of fields
of science or engineering.
Application deadline dates (four annual review
- February 1
- May 1
- August 1
- November 1
Awardees have the opportunity to:
- Conduct independent research in an area compatible with the
interests of the Air Force laboratories
- Devote full-time effort to research and publication
- Access the excellent and often unique Air Force research
- Collaborate with leading scientists and engineers
Awardee benefits include:
- Base stipend starting at $76,542; may be higher based on
- Health insurance (including dental and vision), relocation
benefits, and a professional travel allowance
For detailed program information, to search for AFRL, AFIT, and
USAFA Research Opportunities, and to contact prospective Research
Adviser(s), visit www.nas.edu/afstfp.