Work where you study!
Student Employment programs at
Lake-Sumter State College are intended to provide real-world job
experiences for students, including application and interview
processes, on-the-job training and experiences, and professional
LSSC student employee supervisors will work with student employees
on their work schedules to ensure that education is the
The New Student Orientation Leader
customer service and is responsible for leading discussion groups
with incoming students, and welcoming new students and families to
Positions are available for the Summer & Fall 2023 registration
period (March 2023 - October 2023). All NSAR Sessions are Virtual
on Zoom Platform
Positions are available on the Leesburg Campus and the South Lake
Campus and report to the Academic Advisor III.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The New Student Orientation Leader provides quality customer
service and is responsible for leading discussion groups with
incoming students, and welcoming new students and families to LSSC.
Responsible for demonstrating LSSC's values of learning, people,
student success, forward thinking, commitment to excellence,
accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Minimum Qualifications & Education
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
supportive environment for new students and families coming into
- Demonstrate good public speaking skills.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Knowledge of and ability to explain LSSC and registration
- Ability to maintain a friendly, cheerful and helpful manner
throughout their shift despite busy, sometimes hectic work
- Ability to facilitate effectively in an Online environment
- Lead virtual campus tours.
- Conduct day and evening sessions virtually.
- Share your unique LSSC experience.
- Complete required hours between:
- Summer & Fall 2023 registration period (March 2023 -
- Current student, minimum cumulative GPA 2.5, earned a minimum
of 12 credit hours
- Registered for at least 3 credit hours at LSSC for current
semester and next semester.
- Be in good academic, financial and student conduct