Adjunct - Mathematics
- Lake-Sumter State College
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- May 24, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Teacher Education, Professional Fields, Vocational & Technical Fields, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Mathematics, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Immediate Need for Adjunct faculty committed to student success!
Lake-Sumter State College delivers student success through personal attention and flexible pathways leading to rewarding careers and higher wages. Our 4 C's of success in ensuring our mission are:
- Caring about each individual student, our peers and our community;
- Communicating to ensure clarity and transparency, and
- Collaboration, knowing that the best possible outcomes are ensured when there is a sharing of ideas.
As an adjunct instructor for math disciplines you will provide quality instruction in introductory level undergraduate mathematics courses, such as developmental, algebra, trigonometry, calculus, and statistics. Course delivery may be traditional seated on-campus or hybrid, a mixture of on-campus and remote.
- LENGTH OF APPOINTMENT: One (1) Term
- CLASSIFICATION: Instructional
- SUPERVISORS: Dean, Associate Dean, Program Manager
- PAY RATE: : Pay scale varies according to level of education .
- CAMPUS: Opportunities potentially available in Leesburg, Clermont, on line
- Observe all college rules and regulations, State guidelines and professional mandates appropriate to teaching faculty
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and community
- Assist with curriculum review and development whenever appropriate
- Meet all scheduled classes for the full period as delineated on the schedule
- Teach assigned courses in accordance with catalog course descriptions and academic specifications
- Furnish each student and the dean's office with a course syllabus, which follows the prescribed format, including evaluation procedures, withdrawal procedures, class attendance, and other policies consistent with college procedures. Syllabus must be submitted to dean's office prior to or during the first week classes begin
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records on all students
- Submit grade reports on or before deadlines according to college procedures
- Participate in performance appraisal and instructional observation processes as specified by Associate VP or VP Academic Affairs
- Demonstrate knowledge of current instructional methods
- Use instructional support materials and equipment as appropriate to enhance class presentations
Master's Degree with 18 graduate semester hours in teaching discipline.
Prior teaching experience, especially in higher level education, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
Ability to demonstrate the four College Service Excellence Standards of respect, competence, responsiveness, and collaboration when interacting with students, employees, visitors, and community members.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert