About Lake-Sumter State College
This is an exciting time at Lake-Sumter State College!
Under the leadership of President Heather Bigard, we are embarking
on a bold journey to transform the ways in which we connect and
educate our students while embracing our rich history of
high-quality education and personalized student support services.
We currently serve over 6,500 students each year and plan to grow
to over 10,000 in the next several years.
As a Lakehawk, you’ll have the opportunity to connect and
collaborate with incredible faculty and staff who are focused on
making a real difference in the lives of students in our community.
Together, we will continue to create a significant impact to meet
the needs of today’s students and prepare for future
We invite you to join us in our commitment to student
Adjunct (Faculty) - Economics
LENGTH OF APPOINTMENT:
Pay scale varies dependent upon level of
Dean, Associate Dean, Program Manager
- Observe all college rules and regulations, State guidelines and
professional mandates appropriate to teaching faculty
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff,
students, and community
- Assist with curriculum review and development whenever
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet all scheduled classes for the full period as delineated on
- Teach assigned courses in accordance with catalog course
descriptions and academic specifications
- Furnish each student and the dean's office with a course
syllabus, which follows the prescribed format, including evaluation
procedures, withdrawal procedures, class attendance, and other
policies consistent with college procedures. Syllabus must be
submitted to dean's office prior to or during the first week
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records on all students
- Submit grade reports on or before deadlines according to
- Participate in performance appraisal and instructional
observation processes as specified by Associate VP or VP Academic
- Demonstrate knowledge of current instructional methods
- Use instructional support materials and equipment as
appropriate to enhance class presentations
Minimum Qualifications & Education
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals
and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including Microsoft
Outlook and MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in effectively communicating and
collaborating with a diverse population while understanding and
respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and
- Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College’s
standards of ethical conduct.
- Apply effective techniques to work both independently and to
create working relationships with others to achieve common goals;
successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
- Successfully and consistently exemplify LSSC Core Values of
Care, Communication, Collaboration and Celebration
Master's Degree with 18 graduate semester hours in teaching