- Processing and maintaining three AU payrolls, BW (paid to date)
BL (non-statutory lagged), and State biweekly lagged payroll,
- Executes pre- and post- processing audits to validate payroll
accuracy and promptly makes any necessary adjustments so that
employees have an error-free payroll experience.
- Calculates and processes reports, check requests & ACH’s
for payroll deductions.
- Reviews incoming Faculty/Staff/Student PAF’s for accuracy.
- Balance and pay bi-weekly federal and Multi State payroll
- Submits check requests to Business Office for check
distribution of bi-weekly garnishments
- Balances Quarterly and State(s) Tax Reporting.
- Responsible for running Payroll end of fiscal year reporting in
conjunction with Human Resources
- Maintains compliance with Form 8233 for all Non-Resident Alien
- Year End W2 preparation and distribution.
- Year End Taxable Fringe calculations.
- Point of Contact for payroll/employment inquiries from
employees and outside agencies.
- Processes redistributions, adjustments, manual checks,
duplicate checks and salary advances as needed.
- Prepares confidential payroll reports routinely or as needed
for BL, BW, BI payroll activity to campus offices.
- Maintains a wide variety of payroll information, files and
records in written and electronic formats for the purpose of
providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail for
- Back up for other payroll personnel.
- Provides daily oversight of other payroll personnel.
- Maintains calendar building in Banner for payroll.
- Monitor the submission of Grad, Temporary Coaches and hourly
employees required to complete timesheets.
High School Diploma required, associate
degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
Minimum Three years of payroll-related
experience required, additional experience in a large in-house
payroll operation highly desired; familiarity with Ellucian Banner
Strong background in payroll
regulations and practices; position requires ongoing need to learn
to keep up to date on changes in work processes, government
regulations, and tax treaties. Efficiency in Microsoft Outlook,
Excel, and Word and the Internet. Must be organized and systematic
in performing tasks in a logical and timely manner; works
independently and plans own schedules within established time
frames. Able to prioritize responsibilities and requests for
information from employees, other departments, and outside
agencies. Requires high degree of accuracy, confidentiality, and
attention to detail. Also requires discretion, diplomacy, and
aptitude for working with numbers, and ability to handle multiple
tasks with frequent interruptions in a high volume,
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal
employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any
employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color,
sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical
or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin,
marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status,
domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status,
political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are
encouraged to apply.