Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
This position is responsible for the daily administrative support
for the Office of Human Resources and confidential support to the
Director of Human Resources.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Compose and type confidential correspondence for the Director of
· Compose and type brochures, flyers, and other documents for
distribution to the campus community
· Assist the Office of Human Resources staff with reports and
projects as assigned.
· Create and maintain university personnel files and records;
create files for Director of Human Resources
· Greet visitors and employees and respond to inquiries.
· Answer phone, screen calls and respond to inquiries, when
possible, or refer to the appropriate sources as necessary.
· Open, sort, date stamp and distribute mail; respond to routine
· Send and receive email and faxes; respond to general questions
· Monitor and maintain inventory of supplies, coordinate purchase
orders with the Vice President for Administrative Services
· Attend meetings with the Director as requested; take notes and
present typewritten notes when requested.
· Assist with travel arrangement and conference reservations for
work-related travel; generate travel and budget requisitions.
· Complete IT SysAid tickets for staff.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Extensive experience, knowledge and proficiency in the use of
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
· Skill in written and verbal communication
· Ability in think critically with an attention to detail
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Skill in customer service with internal and external
Minimum Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent
Three years of experience in managing an office
Experience working in higher education
Experience with Banner or other enterprise resource planning
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Budgeted Annual Salary
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts