Salary for Announcement
The salary range is $50,000-$60,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set
based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to,
internal equity, experience, education, specialty and
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and
reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the
time of posting. MSU Denver offers a full benefits package.
Full Time Professional Staff
The Office Manager is an essential member of the Office of the
President, providing support and taking initiative across a wide
range of functions. The Office Manager is responsible for leading
the efficiency of day-to-day operations. A successful candidate
will have a strong ability to be thorough, thoughtful and detail
oriented, manage a dynamic workload with urgency and diligence, can
work independently, build relationships and lead a team of student
employees to support the needs of the office. The Office Manager is
an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats
and is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and
executive support related tasks. They are well organized, flexible
and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a diverse
This role will report to the Executive Assistant to the President
while providing support (as needed) to others in the office
including, Chief of Staff to the President, Director of Government
Affairs, and the Presidential Faculty Fellow.
Office Management/Office of the President Front Desk –
· Serves as the liaison and first point of contact when
representing the Office of the President with internal and external
departments, organizations, and groups through a variety of
modalities including phone, emails, meetings, and one-on-one
· Serves as point of contact and manager helping staff and students
who visit the office; de-escalate/resolve problems and/or refer to
appropriate personnel, as per University policy.
· Ensures that the tone, standards of professionalism, and customer
service reflect the values and service standards communicated by
the Office of the President.
· Adheres to confidentiality standards within the office.
· Maintains the condition of the office to provide a professional,
welcoming, inclusive, and organized area.
· Ensures coverage during regular business hours, maintains
conference rooms and manages reservations, and guest
· Manages complex internal operations, identifies problems and
develops solutions. Maintains office efficiency by developing,
recommending, planning, and implementing office administrative
systems, structures, processes, procedures, and workflows to meet
the needs of the office/branch.
· Works independently, handles matters confidentially, analyzes and
solves problems in the Office of the President, and makes decisions
appropriate to the position.
· Adapts from routine administrative duties to handling special
needs or situations seamlessly and daily.
· Serves as Emergency Preparedness Coordinator, attends necessary
workshops and seminars, and instructs the unit on emergency
response information; keeps emergency contact lists up to
· Designs and maintains filing systems, copying, electronic filing,
scanning, data entry, processes paperwork, develops
documents/spreadsheets, supervises mail and hand-deliveries and
other necessary office procedures.
· Stays up to date with knowledge of institution, state, and
federal fiscal procurement policies and procedures and processes
appropriate budget processes respectively.
· Purchases and tracks office supplies, identifies and works with
vendors appropriate for purchasing needs. Orders and purchases food
and materials for meetings and works closely with caterers.
· Maintains key and fob matrices and works closely with Auraria
Higher Education Center ( AHEC ) and MSU Denver Facilities for
access and approval.
· Arranges necessary office repairs as needed.
Supervision of Student Employee Staff – 20%
· Updates student job descriptions, recruits, hires, trains,
mentors, evaluates and supervises student employee staff to support
the Office of the President front desk.
· Coordinates appropriate paperwork related to student employment
processes and deadlines assigned by Human Resources.
· Develops a strong team culture among student employees that
includes goal setting and provides opportunities to learn,
practice, and advance essential and applicable career skills.
· Coordinates, assigns, and tracks student employees work-related
projects including projects from other staff in the office.
· Authorizes and approves student time cards and terminates student
employees (when necessary).
Administrative Support & Project Management – 20%
· Determines cyclical deadlines and integrates on-going support for
the Office of the President in order to deliver timely and
high-quality work products
· Plans, implements, and provides support for recurring and one-off
events hosted by the Office of the President, including President
· Oversees the Presidential email inbox, managing and coordinating
responses and elevating critical messages requiring additional
action or engagement.
· Plans and leads biweekly meetings to coordinate with all support
staff within departments connected to the Office of the
· Develops and delivers a daily email to all staff within the
Office of the President and related departments, communicating
pertinent information impacting the office and its staff.
· Provides leadership and additional support for other staff in the
Office of the President including the Chief of Staff to the
President, Director of Government Affairs, and the Presidential
Faculty Fellow. Ensures professional and accurate completion of
Assist/Support Executive Assistant to the President – 10%
· Receives and coordinates completion of special projects and
assignments from the Executive Assistant to the President (as
· Coordinates with the Administrative Assistant to provide support
to the President when Executive Assistant is out of the
· Prepares travel authorizations, makes airline, hotel, and
transportation reservations, and determines travel and expense
report management in alignment with all University policies,
procedures and deadlines.
· Supports the Office of the President in the logistics (facility,
catering, decor, staffing, etc.) involved in planning and the
successful execution of relevant initiatives and community
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher
education – Or the equivalent combination of education and
experience providing administrative support.
· Three or more years direct experience working in a comparable
administrative management position(s).
· Two or more years of experience providing supervision and/or task
management over staff including hiring, training, and performance
· Excellent customer service, people and communication skills (oral
· Experience multi-tasking and working with frequent
· Strong organizational skills, ability develop efficient and
effective systems, and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced
· Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office programs
(Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint).
· Experience solving problems creatively.
· Experience planning and organizing large (30+ people) events
· Experience maintaining discretion and confidentiality in and
outside the workplace.
Important Note: Successful applicants will ensure their resumes
clearly demonstrate that their work experience describes how they
meet all required qualifications.
· Five or more years of experience providing administrative support
to professional staff, customers, and showing progressive
responsibility and oversight.
· Five or more years of experience providing supervision or task
management of staff including hiring, training and performance
· Experience working for an institution of higher education.
· Demonstrated experience working with professional staff and
leadership at all levels of an institution/organization and
providing excellent customer service.
· Experience working with diverse and urban populations, including
but not limited to communities of color, under-represented groups,
LGBTQIA+, first-generation, undocumented, veterans, etc.
· Experience working independently on multiple projects
simultaneously while still meeting deadlines.
· Experience with dealing with conflict/resolution
· Experience with communicating difficult/sensitive
· Experience with making and managing travel arrangements.
· Experience taking meeting minutes or notes.
· Knowledge of institutional, state and federal policies and
Open Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant you must
apply via the online application system,
References refers to a list of three professional references and
their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and
MSU Denver is committed to creating and fostering a work
environment and culture of belonging; we are proud of the work our
employee affinity groups contribute to our culture. For more
information on our employee affinity groups please visit this