Vice President for College Advancement
General Summary :
Provides administrative and
clerical support for the vice president for college advancement
within the guidelines of federal, state and local laws and college
and division policies and procedures. Reports to the vice president
for college advancement and works with co-workers, alumnae,
trustees, donors, representatives from corporations, foundations,
and other institutions, members of the Board of Visitors, and
college personnel to assist the vice president in meeting division
goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides administrative and clerical support for the VPCA,
including making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings with
prospective donors and volunteers, assisting with correspondence,
tracking campaign events and working with the office of the
- Supports the VPCA with duties relating to trustees (including
the advancement committee), the Alumnae Board and Board of
Visitors, campaign volunteers, and the office of the president.
Duties may include arranging meetings, taking minutes, and
assisting with the creation of PowerPoint presentations.
- Creates and coordinates internal and external correspondence
for the VPCA, often regarding confidential matters and requiring
independent, sound judgment.
- Manages the VPCA's office, including creating and organizing
files, ordering office supplies, and acting as liaison for
facilities, telecommunications, IT, and general operations.
- Creates or assists with the creation of materials related to
preparation for and follow up from visits with donors and
- Prepares fundraising reports for the VPCA as needed.
- Manages the VPCA's budget and submits reimbursements for travel
and other expenses.
- Provides proofreading and editing for various department
- Serves as frontline contact for college advancement.
Completion of 2 years of college required. BS or
BA degree preferred.
Minimum of 3 years of administrative work
experience with other employers.
- Proficiency in MS Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Familiarity with multi-user database.
- Outstanding customer service skills including a warm and
approachable personal style.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Excellent
- Excellent proofreading skills and careful attention to
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, use
discretion and good judgment, work independently, and prioritize
- Familiarity with budgeting and accounting practices.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and
excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
successfully and to exhibit exceptional courtesy and
professionalism when dealing with donors and other external
- Other : Irregular hours may be required on an occasional
basis for special events and projects.
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking, and
occasional moving of light objects. Work is performed in an
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of
specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment
to the position.
Please apply online. Position is posted until filled. Due to the
overwhelming response to the college's staff openings we are unable
to respond personally to individual telephone inquiries. No faxed
Agnes Scott College does not discriminate on the basis of, race,
color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
veteran status, disability or genetic information, gender identity
and gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law
in its employment. Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to
diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to
Health & Safety Measures
All persons hired by Agnes Scott College must submit proof of
COVID-19 vaccination prior to starting employment unless they have
been granted an exemption based upon a medical or religious