American University of Kuwait
Director of Student
Scope and Purpose:
The Director-Student Life provides leadership and supervision
for the design, implementation, and evaluation of the University’s
Student Life programs promoting student engagement. The Director is
responsible for general supervision of staff, management of related
programs and facilities, as well as budget management. In addition,
the Director serves as the University’s Student Conduct Officer and
is a member of the Code of Conduct Committee and may serve on
additional University committees as required.
Essential Duties and
- Reporting to the Dean-Student Affairs, the Director provides
leadership and strategic direction for the Department, its staff
- Develops and manages Student Life budgets, department policies,
directives and plans.
- Provides leadership and direction for student activities,
student governance, student employment, university ID cards,
student leadership, judicial affairs, student publications,
intramural and university sports, student organizations, and other
university events and activities.
- Manages Student Life facilities.
- Develops goals and objectives in addition to conducting
evaluation, assessment, data tracking and documentation of all
Student Life programs and activities.
- Conducts student tracking in an effort to measure effectiveness
of programs based upon the division’s theoretical framework.
- Reviews and negotiates contracts, partnerships and sponsors for
Student Life activities in conjunction with the Public Relations
and Marketing Department.
- Represents Student Life on college committees, supports broad
college-wide programs such as new student orientation, and
addresses student-related concerns and activities as they
- Oversees and directs the development of Student Life
publications and the on-line departmental content for the
university website and portal, in addition to student life function
- Supervises and evaluates Student Life staff, paraprofessionals,
part-time and work-study students.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Assists in activities and functions related to Student Life
specifically, and Student Affairs generally, including but not
limited to Orientation, Welcome Week, International Week, Awards
Night and Graduation.
- Serves on University committees as deemed fit,
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean.
- Master’s degree in student personnel, higher education,
counseling or related field.
Skills and Abilities:
- At least three to five years progressively responsible
experience in higher education administration is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Budget management skills.
- Leadership and problem-solving skills.
- General understanding of student development theory.
- Ability to design and implement effective training programs for
students and staff.
- Ability to travel, if required, locally, regionally or
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are encouraged to:
- Submit a cover letter, and Curriculum vitae,
- Names and contact details of three personal references,
- In completing your application, please quote position code
number in the email subject line:
DSTL–ATAF - 24032022
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The position will remain open until filled.
- Only selected candidates will be
Information should be sent to email@example.com.
In completing your application, please quote the position code
number. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
You can visit the AUK website (www.auk.edu.kw) to learn about
the degree programs, university facilities, and campus life.