Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking an Admissions Counselor
& Recruiter (ACR) to be based in the Southeastern United States
(Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina). The ACR will promote
awareness of MHS’s amazing opportunities for youth and generate
qualified student applications. MHS is a cost-free, private home
and school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students from
low-income and working-class families. Founded in 1909 by Milton
and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have
been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality
career-focused education, structured home life, and extensive
extra-curricular opportunities. The ACR is responsible for ensuring
MHS reaches enrollment requirements through:
- Pro-actively contributing to the development of annual student
- Implementing the strategy within the southeast.
- This position will be based in Kentucky, Tennessee or North
Carolina but will work in Hershey for approximately one week per
month to assist with on-campus events, assist fellow admissions
staff and meet with prospective families.
- Maintaining a highly pro-active approach to developing
relationships with key influencers & stakeholders within
Kentucky, Tennessee and North Carolina.
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of the region and develop
localized and trusted brand awareness in the region.
- Extensively & effectively interacting with and
communicating with the communities in Kentucky, Tennessee and North
Carolina to discern and guide qualified applicants.
- Develop engaged Enrollment advocates from stakeholder
communities including regional alumni and other referral sources.
- Collaborate with MHS’s Enrollment Processors to facilitate the
- Plan and coordinate outreach events, campus visits, etc.
including virtual and in-person events.
- Contribute to student retention efforts.
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts and
- Provide accurate reporting and manage a budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Marketing, Communications,
Social Work, or affiliated field.
- At least 3 years of experience in a relevant recruitment
capacity which includes relationship development, brand development
and achieving required outcomes/results.
- Proficient in using Microsoft applications and databases.
- Driver’s license in good standing.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Exceptional skills in multi-tasking and organizing.
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and maintain high degree of
- Interpersonally skilled in educating, guiding, inspiring and
- Must have a capability to effectively work within
- Demonstrated skills in collaborating with others – staff,
communities, influencers, stakeholders and volunteers.
- Resourceful and innovative. Analytical. Excellent communicator
- High degree of grit and initiative.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all
MHS staff are considered role models for students.
- Candidates should be eager to engage with students and