Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking an Admissions Counselor
& Recruiter (ACR) to be based in New England. The ACR will
promote awareness of MHS’s amazing opportunities for youth and
generate qualified student applications from this region. MHS is a
cost-free, private home and school for over 2,000 Pre-K through
12th grade students from low-income and working-class families.
Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more
than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s
high-quality career-focused education, structured home life, and
extensive extra-curricular opportunities. The ACR is responsible
for ensuring MHS reaches enrollment requirements through:
- Pro-actively contributing to the development of annual student
- Implementing the strategy within assigned region.
- Although based in New England, the ACR will work in Hershey for
approximately one week per month to assist with on-campus events,
assist fellow admissions staff, and meet with prospective
- Maintaining a highly pro-active approach to developing
relationships with key influencers & stakeholders within New
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of assigned region and develop
a localized and trusted brand awareness in New England.
- Extensively & effectively interacting with and
communicating with the communities in New England to discern
and guide qualified applicants.
- Develop engaged Enrollment advocates from stakeholder
communities including regional alumni and other referral sources.
- Collaborate with MHS’s Enrollment Processors to facilitate the
- Plan and coordinate outreach events, campus visits, etc.
including virtual and in-person events.
- Contribute to student retention efforts.
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts and
- Provide accurate reporting and manage a budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Marketing, Communications,
Social Work, or affiliated field.
- At least 3 years of experience in a relevant recruitment
capacity which includes relationship development, brand development
and achieving required outcomes/results.
- Proficient in using Microsoft applications and databases.
- Driver’s license in good standing.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Exceptional skills in multi-tasking and organizing.
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and maintain high degree of
- Interpersonally skilled in educating, guiding, inspiring and
- Must have a capability to effectively work within
- Demonstrated skills in collaborating with others – staff,
communities, influencers, stakeholders and volunteers.
- Resourceful and innovative. Analytical. Excellent communicator
- High degree of grit and initiative.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all
MHS staff are considered role models for students.
- Candidates should be eager to engage with students and