CU Boulder encourages applications for a Multimedia and Content
Manager! This position is responsible for generating and managing
production of multimedia and written content for the promotion of
CU Presents events. Those events include the College of Music’s
Artist Series, Eklund Opera, Holiday Festival, Musical Theatre
Program, Takacs Quartet, and free faculty, staff and student
performances in addition to the College of Arts and Science’s
Colorado Shakespeare Festival and Department of Theatre and Dance.
Ticketed programming efforts generate $1.8-2.6 million in annual
revenue in addition to promoting 300-400 free events. Duties
include generating multimedia content such as photography and
video, storing and distributing this content, supervising vendors
and student employees generating content, coordinating social media
efforts, managing website content, proofreading and other projects
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
CU Presents is the home of performing arts on the beautiful CU
Boulder campus. With hundreds of concerts, plays, recitals and more
on our stages each year, there’s something for everyone to
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Multimedia Content Creation and Curation:
Written Content Creation and Curation:
- Create multimedia content for web, social media, email
- Take photos and produce videos and other multimedia
- Supervise students and/or vendors collecting and crafting
- Format and edit content for accuracy and consistency with
organizational branding and communication goals.
- Maintain and organize multimedia archives.
- Work closely with other members of the CU Presents
communications team on content development.
- Collaborate with other program partners throughout CU Presents
including performers, directors and guests.
Organic Social Media:
- Collect basic event information from presenting partners during
season build period.
- Write or edit promotional blurbs and content warnings for
- Maintain an editorial calendar for CU Presents channels
including program book wraps.
- Edit content produced by other members of the team and edit
basic customer service text.
- Collaborate with CU Boulder’s Strategic Relations or oversee
vendors to generate additional written content.
- Update and maintain a social media editorial calendar.
- Create and publish content for CU Presents social media
channels (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) on a consistent and
- Write original content and repurpose existing content for
social channels, paying particular attention to voice and style
appropriate for the channel.
- Anticipate the target audiences for campaigns and
communications and use that information to guide the development of
content and creative assets for social media.
- Develop and ensure content aligns with brand messaging and
visual and verbal storytelling standards, meets accessibility
standards and follows guiding principles for inclusive
- Stay in contact with CU Boulder Strategic Relations Social
Media team regarding CU standards and practices.
- Stay abreast of social media trends, tools, and standard
methodologies, and suggest new features that keep pace with these
- Educate CU Presents production performers on social media and
What You Should Know
- Participate in cupresents.org management team.
- Update and manage web content (text and photos) on a regular
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply
campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement
. New employees must
provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious
exemption within 30 days of employment.
The successful candidate will need to be available to work at
occasional evening and weekend events.
This position is expected to work a hybrid format, with some in
person and some remote work, dependent on business needs.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position is $53,000 - $55,000
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be engaged. Be inspired. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism, film, multimedia
production, marketing or arts administration (Professional
experience in one of these areas may substitute for the degree on a
- One year of professional experience generating multimedia
content such as video or photography.
What We Would Like You To Have
- The ability to work independently as well as within a
- A collaborative attitude.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and
demonstrated proficiency in prioritizing work assignments to
complete work accurately and in a timely and independent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills and comfort with suggesting ideas.
- Active interest in researching "what's next?".
- A love of the performing arts.
- Experience generating multimedia content such as photography
- Experience using Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop or
- Experience managing public, professional social media
- Experience editing written content, especially with AP Style in
- Experience using a project management software such as
- Knowledge of standard methodologies for website design and
- Knowledge of digital accessibility standard methodologies.
- Familiarity with the University of Colorado Boulder.
- Knowledge of theater, dance, and/or music.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
- Please supply a PDF that contains examples/links of
professional social channels that you have created and/or managed,
along with some brief comments as to your role in contributing to
these materials. Note : This PDF is to be uploaded to the
"PDF Sample of Work/Portfolio" section.
- Optional: Please provide writing examples (blog posts,
etc.) along with some brief comments as to your role in
contributing to these materials. Note: Writing samples
should be uploaded as one (1) PDF to the "essay" section.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 7, 2022, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: