EDUCAUSE invites applications for the position of Operations Assistant, Membership.
Operations Assistant, Membership
This position provides administrative services to the Operations team and is responsible for the timely coordination of assigned tasks. The Operations Assistant, Membership position works closely with the Operations Manager to add qualified prospect names into the account management database, fulfills select corporate engagements, updates event documentation and other special projects. They will also provide excellent customer service and resolve customer issues in a timely and empathetic manner. The Operations Assistant, Membership facilitates relationships with and coordinates execution of payment processing for membership in conjunction with internal departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with fulfillment of Advertising engagements. Provides advertisers with post marketing production pieces, and analytics.
- Assists with fulfillment of corporate engagements, such as community page training, banner advertisements, or other platform opportunities.
- Updates booth waitlist, contract management, contract changes and entries into various systems. Confirms sponsor, Partner and/or exhibitor badge use and notices. Collects Certificate of Insurance and Exhibitor Appointed Contractor forms and matches them up. Notates exhibitor orders from event vendors for coordination follow-up. Coordinates corporate directory for online and printed conference guides. Assist with registration testing. Fulfills Partner level recognition within the exhibit management system.
- Intakes customer goals for EDUCAUSE product sold and metric/reporting needs. Tracks and monitors progress throughout the fulfillment process. Serves as liaison between the corporate team and internal stakeholders to make sure all parties have the information and resources needed to successfully fulfill sales agreements. Routinely checks in with customers after the sale has been made to proactively address FAQs. Helps answer questions and resolve issues by connecting customers to the right person at EDUCAUSE. Proactively checks in with the customer to make sure they've taken advantage of the co-marketing opportunities we've suggested to them (e.g., Did you tweet about your upcoming webinar, did you email clients about your showcase participation, etc.?) Provides excellent customer service for corporate inquiries and resolves customer issues in a timely and empathetic manner for all of the above.
- Fulfills all Industry and Campus Webinars and demo days engagements through handoff to online production team. Creation of email distribution lists for other organizational departments. Processes promotional marketing piece inquiries from corporates as part of their benefit packages. Processes cancellations and/or redirection of funds that come in for corporate engagement. Creates invoices where needed. Maintains inventory of corporate sales, sponsorships, advertising, and partner opportunities. Responsible for logging all corporate participation purchases of sponsorships, exhibits, presentations, displays, poster sessions and any other corporate engagement into matrix. Event shopping cart set-up for online sales. Monitors and coordinates communications that come in through the general corporate inbox. Assists with reviews and filing of corporate signage for accuracy and quality control for all meetings. Reviews and edits corporate content in all applicable engagements and makes edits where necessary. Reviews outstanding balances from accounting to make sure corporate opportunities have been paid. Manages collections for outstanding invoices. Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
- Receives general supervision and instruction from direct supervisor as necessary.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
EDUCAUSE recognizes that the unique backgrounds, talents, skills, and contributions of every individual improve and enhance the quality of the organization. Creating an environment of inclusion is each employee's responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Treat everyone with dignity, respect, and fairness Share insights and input as work contributor Listen to and acknowledge others’ contributions Contribute to an open and inclusive environment across demographic categories and physical locations Know and understand your social style and seek to improve your versatility by understanding the strengths perspectives, work styles, and motivations of co-workers Meet others at their point of need and help support organizational achievement
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Hospitality Management or Restaurant and Hotel Management, Public Relations, or Business preferred Requires a minimum of one year experience in trade show, meeting planning, or similar fields
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ability to be very detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills. The ability to independently initiate, prioritize, and complete diverse tasks in an efficient, timely, well organized manner with minimal supervision. Must be flexible in accepting diverse assignments, willing to work in a team atmosphere, and be able to perform under the pressure of deadlines. Must show initiative and collaboration to improve department processes. Proficiency in software packages such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel; experience or knowledge in databases such as a2z/Cvent/Maritz/netForum, proficiency with the navigation and use of the Internet.
Location: This a remote position for candidates located in the United States. Application deadline: June 5, 2022 The anticipated salary range for this position is $40,000 – $48,000 earned annually. The pay range provided is EDUCAUSE’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this position. The actual salary will be based on non-discriminatory factors such as depth and extent of relevant experience, education, training/certifications for preferred skills, and abilities. We ask for minimum salary requirements in our application to ensure we can meet candidate salary expectations; we do not base salaries on a candidate’s current compensation.
EDUCAUSE’s compensation package also includes medical and dental insurance, employer-paid life and disability insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation annually to start plus 6 days of personal time, paid holidays, professional development opportunities, and a retirement plan with generous employer matching. About EDUCAUSE:
EDUCAUSE is a higher education technology association and the largest community of IT leaders and professionals committed to advancing higher education. We support those who lead, manage, deploy, and use information technology, helping them to anticipate and adapt to change, and advancing strategic IT decision making at every level within higher education. We bring together technology professionals and leaders across campus and the industry to solve today’s challenges.
EDUCAUSE is committed to “uncommon thinking for the common good.” Being part of EDUCAUSE means being part of a community that accomplishes more together than they ever could on their own. Get to Know EDUCAUSE - this video was filmed in 2018 at our former office in Louisville, Colorado before we became a 100% virtual organization.
EDUCAUSE recognizes that the diverse backgrounds, talents, skills, and contributions of every individual improve and enhance the quality of the organization. Therefore, we are committed to building a culture that attracts and sustains a diverse mix of people who are passionate about the work they do. We work to recruit, develop, and retain talented staff from a broad and diverse candidate pool.
EDUCAUSE requires a background check for all potential employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.